A Program Financial Question?

Where is the Arkansas Baseball Program Financially? I know it is expensive. Do they break even or even turn a small profit. They have one of the best gates in College which leads to good concessions. There is a small, but dedicated following that list baseball for their donations. Do they receive money for getting into Post Season like football or basketball? Was just wondering.

I’ve been told there is a small profit.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ … b08c1.html

This is an article from last year (financial information from 2015-2016). As Clay mentioned, it looks like they are turning a small profit (basically breaking even). But compared to the rest of the schools in the SEC, Arkansas baseball can basically isnt required to be subsidized by other sports (e.g football). It appears from the article that the only sports that can say that are us, LSU, Ole Miss, and Vandy. A&M is anomaly bc they included in revenues donations for a stadium renovation.

I think the schools that are the most interesting are Florida and Miss St. Figured their numbers would be way higher. I know Florida just won a National Championship last year and are doing a $95M baseball stadium project, so I would think their revenues would be higher now.

[quote=“TulsaHog0419”]

I think the schools that are the most interesting are Florida and Miss St. Figured their numbers would be way higher. I know Florida just won a National Championship last year and are doing a $95M baseball stadium project, so I would think their revenues would be higher now.

[/quote]I’m not surprised by the poor revenue for the future luggage. They have a small stadium and the attendance is not that great. I suspect that they had better attendance last year, but still not Arkansas, LSU, or Moo U worthy.

We will boost their attendance when the Hogs come to Gainesville. Fans love to come out and watch a GOOD program!

:wink:

I’m working to get a better answer to this. According to the Razorback Foundation’s annual report, the baseball program had expenses of $3.7 million last year. The only source of revenue listed is $2 million in ticket sales. Baseball is responsible for other forms of revenue, but those are not listed in the annual report. The annual report no longer lists how much each program is responsible for generating, just the costs.

I’ve been told several times that baseball’s profitability is dependent on the weather for the biggest series. Take Kentucky last weekend, for example. There were a lot of tickets sold Friday and Saturday, but because of the doubleheader there was no way to sell walk-up tickets for Sunday. The same goes for the Kent State weekend.