A&M-Kentucky postponed

Aggies continue to be Aggies.

They should just opt out at this point

1 Like

I am starting to wonder if this is not just bailing on a down season. Some teams in the SEC have had problems, but nothing like this. I also think that when NCAA Tourney $ are divided among the conference, that they receive a major deduction for failure to participate.

2 Likes

My guess is that there is just not much mask-wearing going on in Aggieland, based on my hour or so in the DFW airport recently where masks were few and far between. We all know Texans don’t take kindly to government recommendations.

If they’re gonna bail, bail. Vandy women’s hoops and Auburn volleyball have already bailed.

1 Like

I would think Buzz has some explaining to do.

The Aggies should definitely do all other schools a huge favor and stay away from the SEC Tournament given all of the COVID related postponements and cancelled games this season.

It’s gotta be more than that. I know COVID can hit basketball harder than other sports, but the A&M girls basketball team seems to be doing just fine and their #5 in the country. So either Williams has no control over his players or they are bailing because they suck.

1 Like

Perhaps some truth to that. Some die-hard KY fans here who attend most KY games suggested their cancellation of the ut-Austin game earlier was not due to COVID but them bailing on a potentially bad loss.

Obviously aTm is having problems with COVID isolation but not surprised due to their lack of precautions there to isolate players & students. Or they have learned from KY how to bail.

Maybe Buzz should get with G Blair and ask him how he has controlled on the girls side. There is something fishy down there

Well just add this one to the growing list of games the Aggies won’t play this season. The SEC office need to just let them know to stay home and not show up at the SECtournament! If they can’t play a game in a month they need to shut it down and forget about it.
Poor leadership and bad management could be to blame.

You hit it on the head , poor leadership and management FOR sure.

Well just add this one to the growing list of games the Aggies won’t play this season. The SEC office need to just let them know to stay home and not show up at the SEX tournament! If they can’t play a game in a month they need to shut it down and forget about it.
Poor leadership and bad management could be to blame.

Army, Wondering exactly what tournament A&M is going to??? Certainly not a basketball tournament.

My goodness. Where is this held? I’m going. I’ll even wear a mask.

3 Likes

The SEC tournament. I didn’t check the spelling before I posted it the first time I went back and edited it sorry.

Sorry about that. I didn’t spell check.

You gave me the best laugh of the day. . . army, Thanks. . .

Your spelling is just fine. The last one of these I went to the lady want two bits and I didn’t have any money. :scream:

3 Likes

Aggies need to pack it up!!

I don’t think that is the case. At least not in the corp. The corp probably has the most rigid wu flu protocols in the SEC. My son has always been a dedicated masker, and he got it anyway.

There was a time this fall that the Hogs had basketball players out for several weeks. They would have missed several games if the season was going on.

The tough part is the contact tracing. You could keep getting exposed and not testing positive. Or one or two players can expose the entire team.

I understand the frustration but it’s just all speculation.

1 Like