A little bit of Holiday Season humor

Saw this and it struck me as funny, so thought I would share it . . . .

Funny…there is always the office “Roscoe”…

Nothing got under my skin worse than an employee brow nosing me.

I respected the folks that would tell me what they really think.

Ugggh!!!

But after a moment of shaking my head, I had to chuckle.

[attachment=0]28957394-3AB0-43EE-B011-C1994AF93A70.jpeg[/attachment]

If you want to see holiday humor, watch Stephen A Smith

Just saw this and had to add it . . . “A Millennial Christmas Nativity” . . . .

I thought it was a joke, but googled it and found it made world-wide news in 2016 when it was for sale for $130. :roll:

Going down in history struck a nerve. When I got a chance to pick my classes before the 11th grade (a novel thing in the summer of 1970), my dad gave me a little help. I listened. Oh, it was a tough year. I did Latin I in the fall and Latin II in the spring. I passed. It wasn’t easy. So much of it was just memorizing the conjugation of the verbs. I hated it from the first day when the teacher said it was an important language despite the fact “that it’s dead.” Deadsville. Now there are things that still hit me about that awful first hour class of two semesters.

The Latin teacher was only there until 9 a.m. each day. I don’t know what a Latin teacher does the rest of the day, but it’s not teach Latin. There just aren’t enough folks clamoring to learn it to make for a full day.

My report card was good for the first nine weeks, but it just kept going down. I was so happy to get a C in the last period of the year. It’s the only C that was on my report card and I did not care. My father was not too happy, but I somehow survived the looks that he gave me after studying my report card. My mother seemed to understand. She said, “You know your father took Spanish, not Latin. It was a dead language in 1939, too.”

So like Rudolph went down in history, I went down in Latin. It about killed me.

Good story Clay, funny because Latin is a language I’d like to learn. There are a few of the “ancient” languages I’d like to learn. Especially the “click” language that’s still spoke in Papua New Guinea.

Possibly the only people who could use Latin are students planning on going into law, medicine, and seriously studying muliple foreign languages. Maybe also English majors if they go for a PhD in certain specific areas.

The first thing today’s kids need to learn is English. Of course in the next 25 years Spanish may b come the most used language here in the US.
Everywhere I traveled in the army I picked up enough of whatever language was spoken there to get something to eat, get directions and meet and greet folks. Latin was never one of those! I never mastered much Arabic. Glad we stayed in the desert and got chow and supplies air dropped. I would have starved to death there.

Same here

I have other reasons for learning the ancient languages

[size=150]
Getting back on track . . . :wink: [/size]

+!