A few notes from Dallas Adidas Gauntlet

2020 PG Dalen Terry looks like a natural point guard at 6-7. He handles the ball very well and has a knack of setting up his teammates. He had 7 points tonight, including a three. His length allows him to make up ground defensively. I saw that on a drive by one of the opposing guards and he was able to block the shot because of his 7-foot wing span.

I really like him and think he could blow up this spring and summer. As noted awhile back, he plans to visit Arkansas but doesn’t have anything set up yet.

His coach said he’s 205 but I think that’s stretching it.

Corey Williams watched the 16-U Hawks and came away impressed with wings Jalen Ricks and Terran Williams. That was expected because they were the two he was focused on coming into the weekend. But he also liked power forward Tamaury Releford, 6-6, 230 of Fayettevile.

I’ve seen Releford twice and he has nice thick body with some skill. Look forward to seeing more of him tomorrow.

Muss recently reached out to 2020 guard Jayden Stone’s father to express interest. He and Team Carroll was handled tonight by Indiana Elite 55-40. Stone admitted he struggled tonight. He really didn’t show much tonight to be honest. He had three points.

2022 Magnolia guard Derrian Ford played up on the 16U Team South squad in a lopsided loss to Team Charlotte in UAA play in Kansas City. He had about 15 points with Roy Williams and numerous coaches watching the game.

2020 target Moses Moody had 14 points in Bradley Beal’s 60-59 loss to Mokan Elite in Atlanta. He also had a block and a steal.

Muss and Ruta watched 2020 guard Khalen Robinson have 20 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals in Pro Skills 79-76 victory over Houston Hoops in Atlanta.

As noted in another post, Muss will leave Atlanta tomorrow afternoon for Dallas to watch 5-star target Kyree Walker.

As we were putting together the 2018 class, a comment was made that Mike Anderson may not have to leave the state to put together a championship team with the rich 2019, 2020 and 2021 classes coming. Mike won’t be here to reap benefits of that but now Muss can.

I do think Muss will have to leave the state for bigs. We just don’t raise many bigs. But certainly guards and small forwards are plenty and really good.

Jalen Ricks is going to be a great one. He looked like a can’t miss as early as 8th grade. He was all Hogs as far as I know before Anderson left and I have not heard anything different. A must get for Muss.