A Barry Lunney Jr. Feature Story

Richard, I have a request. When the dust settles on this first round of recruiting, could you do a piece on Barry Lunney Jr.? I would love to hear him compare and contrast the recruiting styles, methods, etc., of Bret Bielema and Chad Morris. The two coaches very obviously have different recruiting philosophies, and I think it would be fascinating to get an inside look from Lunney’s perspective at how they differ.

That’s a very good request!

Why would Lunney want to do that?

[quote=“Hawginator”]
Richard, I have a request. When the dust settles on this first round of recruiting, could you do a piece on Barry Lunney Jr.? I would love to hear him compare and contrast the recruiting styles, methods, etc., of Bret Bielema and Chad Morris. The two coaches very obviously have different recruiting philosophies, and I think it would be fascinating to get an inside look from Lunney’s perspective at how they differ.[/quote:2qdk5gkq]

Doubt Barry would do that. He might talk some but you don’t want to come off as talking bad about your former boss.

I don’t think I implied that Bielema’s recruiting tactics were “bad.” I was just interested, as I’m sure others are, in maybe finding out how the coaches’ recruiting philosophies differed. I figure Barry is a pretty sharp fellow who wouldn’t willingly disrespect his former boss – if that would even be the case.

Oh, well, I thought it would make for an interesting article. Guess not.

I think it might make for a good one down the line, but I don’t think it would be wise for Coach Lunney to do that early on.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
I think it might make for a good one down the line, but I don’t think it would be wise for Coach Lunney to do that early on.[/quote:1krcu0et]

Agreed. This may not be the best time.

I’d love to hear Bobby Allen’s thoughts on the coaches he worked with.

He’d be classy enough to take the high road, and it would be interesting.

How about the same kind of article from Dudley and Richard? I realize they would have to be equally careful as Lunney would need to be to “not bite the hand that feeds them.” Hopefully, they can share some insights without offending or revealing too much about present and past head coaches.

I dont know about Lunney but I wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole, especially right now when everything is fresh or even a year for now…

[quote=“JJhog18”]
I dont know about Lunney but I wouldn’t touch that with a 10 foot pole, especially right now when everything is fresh or even a year for now…[/quote:2ngpgscp]

Agree. I doubt Barry would talk about that publicly.

[quote=“Hogmodo”]
How about the same kind of article from Dudley and Richard? I realize they would have to be equally careful as Lunney would need to be to “not bite the hand that feeds them.” Hopefully, they can share some insights without offending or revealing too much about present and past head coaches.[/quote:vr5wgv7m]

I’m just getting to know these guys. Need to see some body of work first before I can judge Coach Morris and his staff first.

Richard did several stories going inside the workings of these last staff.