6-7 offensive lineman on Hogs' radar for 2020

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … radar-for/

No shot at any of them unless coach Fry get’s some heavy assistance from other coaches…

So, the sky is falling?

@DaytonaHog - “No shot at any of them…” Any of who?
BTW - I would love to make a trip to Daytona for the 24 Hours of Daytona. Been to Le Mans and Sebring. Have a niece near Destin for a stopover. Maybe next year.

I just really don’t care for Dustin Fry’s coaching or recruiting efforts UNLESS he is HEAVILY assisted by other coaches on the staff.

He may be the most knowledgeable OL coach ever but if the player’s can’t absorb & implement it then what’s the point. Even Houston Nutt could connect to player’s & recruits.

By the way were supposed to be near 80° degrees here today.

For you to bag on Fry’s on field coaching after one season is laughable. He was in the Kentucky Derby with a bunch of pack mules AKA former walkons, blue shirts, guys with no other P5 offers, etc.

[/quote]

For you to bag on Fry’s on field coaching after one season is laughable. He was in the Kentucky Derby with a bunch of pack mules AKA former walkons, blue shirts, guys with no other P5 offers, etc.

[/quote]

He came through with two JC tackles to bring up a so-so O-line recruiting class to just OK. Until the JC’s, there were no “impact” players in the O-line like this staff was getting at wide receiver, quarterback, tight end, defensive line, and secondary. So, at our weakest overall position we may have our weakest recruiter on a staff with several great recruiters. He did not flip the Camden 4* tackle from OU (who just happens to be in the playoff) whose high school coach steered him strongly away from Arkansas. He did not win any recruiting battles in Texas for top high school O-linemen.

I agree he inherited some marginal players, lots of injuries, and a very thinly staffed position group. He may have done the best with what he got that anyone could do. Would be nice if he had a Sam Pittman-like impact on the recruiting trails that (until he mentally left after Chaney was fired before leaving for good a year later) jump-started CBB’s program.

[quote]

[/quote]

Who are all these mules, scrubs you speak of that couldn’t open a running lane against Tulsa or North Texas?

3 Star: (multiple D-1 Offers) Kirby Adcock, Ty Clary, Shane Clenin, Noah Gatlin, Colton Jackson, Deion Malone, Silas Robinson, Dalton Wagner, Ryan Winkel

4 Star (multiple power 5 Offers) Austin Capps, Hjalte Froholdt, Brian Wallace, Jalen Merrick

Who are all these mules, scrubs you speak of that couldn’t open a running lane against Tulsa or North Texas?

3 Star: (multiple D-1 Offers) Kirby Adcock, Ty Clary, Shane Clenin, Noah Gatlin, Colton Jackson, Deion Malone, Silas Robinson, Dalton Wagner, Ryan Winkel

4 Star (multiple power 5 Offers) Austin Capps, Hjalte Froholdt, Brian Wallace, Jalen Merrick

[/quote]Of that group, only Froholdt has done much of anything. Clary originally was a walk-on or blueshirt. So was Gibson. Wallace has had a less than stellar career as has Jackson. I think it’s way too early to throw Fry to the wolves. He may have struck out trying to get the Camden 4-star, but from what I’ve read, he was a hard OU lean before Fry got the job. He did pull in the underrated Tulsa lineman near the end and don’t forget most people think Limmer is a steal. He got two of the better JUCOs as well. Give the guy a chance to do something with the line before saying he can’t get it done. BTW, there was a point during the season that the line started playing better, but I will admit, it seemed they digressed at the end. All in all, I’d say the jury is still out or at least should be.

Okay guy’s you both convinced me and I’ll put it in neutral (places pitchfork down for now) Last season erased from memory and will give him a fair shot. :+1: