56-3, 85-71....

What the hell. No big deal.

Coaches and ADs are rich and happy, buildings and stadium additions ongoing, money flying around everywhere.

We’ve also got integrity and good grades.

Yippee!

What a ridiculous athletic program this is turning into…

Internet sports message boards…where integrity and good grades are a bad things…

Solution seems simple to me: Go support a team with no integrity and a grade point equal to the Delta House at Faber College. You know, like Ole Miss.

There’s that whole 5-6, 2-5, 3-game looking streak to Arkansas thing. But, hey! They cheat big time and win NSD.

I am merely pointing out that winning is not given priority by this athletic department. The results don’t deceive. Sure, lots of nice buildings and facilities, and by most accounts good academics. Fine. But the outcome on the field or court is marginal to bad. I am glad you all can muster the feel-good excuses. I really am. But Hog fans nowadays are forced to tolerate too much bad team play. Mike Anderson is in year 6. And this is what we get? It’s the exact same bad basketball we’ve seen for 5 years – really 20+ years. Bad defense, long shooting droughts, and overall bad road play. I know I’m negative in this and other posts, but this is one of the few places there is to vent about it. I really do like Razorback athletics. But the weekly disappointments are hard to stomach. They almost make the wins no fun to enjoy.

Yes, Mike Anderson is in year 6 and we’re only 4 games into the season. I hate losing just as much as the next person but come on, we’ve only played 4 games. I remember the year we went to the tourney two years ago we got blown out by Iowa State then lost our next game on the road to a below average Clemson team and everyone was saying the same stuff you are now. I’m not backing up our performance last night by any means, but we have a lot of winnable games ahead of us, and I expect a lot of wins out of this team.

You are spot on. I was for Mike Anderson coming back, although I was hoping for a more traditional coach who had proven himself. I don’t consider MA very traditional or conventional. His system is pretty much based on tiring the opponent to the point of exhaustion. I do believe he will win 60% of his games over his career. I just don’t think he can have the “great” team that challenges the final four.

No longer a fun style to watch as it was when Anderson was at Mizzou and UAB. Where is the player development of pre-season SEC 1st tramer Kingsley? Where is the JUCO point guard that was to be the next Corey Beck ? Pieces don’t fit yet on this team. We saw it against UT-Dallas-6 Flags in Walton, and now a mid-lower Big10 team just made our style look silly.
One NCAA ho-hum trip in Anderson’s tenure. Easier to see why now against non conquistador teams who play NCAA ball. Fundamentally, our 2016-17 version could not hold a candle to our 2014-15 squad.

[quote=“Hawgjawbend”]
What the hell. No big deal.

Coaches and ADs are rich and happy, buildings and stadium additions ongoing, money flying around everywhere.

We’ve also got integrity and good grades.

Yippee!

What a ridiculous athletic program this is turning into…
[/quote]don’t know how long you have been a fan, but our program, as most others, has had up and downs, growth and decline. I think this is the challenge of being a fan, a challenge that some people seem ill suited for, enjoying the sweetness of victories and being only dissappointed in the defeats and most of all eagerly anticipating the better seasons ahead, whether they materialize or not. I have always considered the Razorbacks a gift, sometimes exceeding my expectations, sometimes not exactly what I asked for, but nonetheless my gift.

I’m almost 50. Been a big fan since mid 70s.

This Mizzou football loss is yet another example. I really do try to be more tolerant of losses. But it seems like the really bad losses like this are more frequent these days.

Not sure what the answer is.

You are spot on with the traditional or conventional and that is exactly why you have a team that is inconsistent, when you don’t have a foundation to return to and regroup and move forward you are left flailing in the wind. MA is a good man and a good coach and is proving to be a good recruiter but just like CBB he needs to surround himself with some better asst. coaches to become better. WPS