5-star hoops target Black leaves Arkansas impressed

Good writeup by Dudley.

2 Likes

Can someone give a comparison between Walsh and Black. I don’t mean rank them. Just a breakdown between their strengths and weaknesses. Their overall games. Are they similar players or distinctly different?

I’ve not seen Black much because honestly, I didn’t think we had a chance, but I do know he’s more of a guard. There are some that think he could be a PG. Walsh is a forward, although one that can facilitate like a point forward.

1 Like

Thanks Razorag. I’ve seen a little of Walsh, but not a minute of Black’s play. He’s sure got great size for a player with guard skills.

Walsh is a Michael Qualls type explosive athlete. Black is a glider, more of a finesse type player. Good, but not great athlete. Maybe something of a Joe Johnson type player, not saying he’s that good, but that type of athlete. Walsh is freakish athletic, maybe not quite as skilled. They’re not the same type player, so they certainly could complement each other’s game.

3 Likes

Am I insane to think we might be able to nab Smith, Walsh, AND Black? Even if we ONLY get 2 out of 3, I’m gonna show up at Lynnsanity’s house with a case of Bud Light and try to talk his wife out of divorcing him. She might not know why he is crying, but I damn sure do. Finish strong, Muss! Go Hogs!

6 Likes

Ohhhh Jeremy! You are a good friend! I say we all meet up for some margaritas and listen to some live patio music! Drinks on senor Davenport and Senor Dawson!

2 Likes

If we get all 3 off these guys, I’ll gladly buy!

Things are certainly looking pretty good right now.

1 Like

Drinks in, not drinks on

2 Likes

If we all got together for drinks and to hang out I’m pretty sure Id get pretty emotional! Would be such a good time.

You won’t be the only one crying if we go 3 for 3 with these dudes, Lynn!

1 Like

I just read this and started tearing up thinking about the possibility here. I told my wife the update on these recruits and she didn’t even care. Unbelievable.

5 Likes

You guys are crazy… I love it.

I would absolutely flip out if we signed all three!

Very proud of Muss and His Staff for even having Arkansas in this position to possibly land all three, wow!

1 Like

Don’t worry, Lynn. We all get it. I would have traded either of my ex-wives for just Nick and Jordan…not my dog though. I’m just gonna put this out there, if we get all 3, we should all meet up for a steak at Hermans, and I’ll pay $500 of the tab. And I might just do it for 2 out of the 3. I would love to meet some of you guys. Go Hogs!

3 Likes

I’ve always felt like a bad Fayettevillian but… I’ve never eaten at Hermans.

I haven’t either, Stew. This would be a great reason to give it a try!

1 Like

Don’t feel bad stewdaddy, I’ve lived here my whole life and I’ve been one time. My wife is a vegetarian (actually she’s a pescatarian so we eat lots of fish) . When we first started dating I would joke with her about taking her to Herman’s for dinner since I had never been before. Back then I think I thought I could convert her back into a carnivore…

Well the first year we dated she surprised me for my birthday and took me to Herman’s for dinner. I gorged myself on ribs…while she watched me eat and enjoyed the tiniest dinner salad I’ve ever seen. Back in those days that was literally the only thing on their menu for a non-meat eater. I knew that night that se was the one. :rofl:

I guess it worked out alright, we’ve been married 25 years now! I failed miserably at converting her back into a carnivore but in turn she taught me a true love for fish and seafood.

2 Likes

If we land 2 of 3 I am in for ponying up for food and beverages as well although I am in DFW so will have to figure it out if it happens. I would be freaking stoked and dancing in the house….my wife would just roll her eyes but my two kiddos would be laughing their tails off and calling the Hogs with me!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.