4k vs non 4k sports - Rant

Watching the World Cup in 4k on my Apple TV and Foxnow app. It is absolutely stunning. The audio mix is professional and well done. You hear the crowd and announcers. Even on non 4k broadcast, the picture is better.

Because of sports fans, colleges are being paid BILLIONS of dollars. Universities get paid, coaches get paid and now players are getting paid.

The one minor thing sports could give fans is a better way to watch their product. It is a drop in the bucket compared to all the money being paid to buy 4K cameras. TikTok producers mix audio better that whoever does an ESPN broadcast.

But, we the fans will continue to get screwed because that is the way of the world.

Rant over.

One good thing about being hard of hearing, I turn the audio off and do not miss it at all. If I wanted audio I would listen to the radio.

Isn’t it sad that with all the money being paid, for decent audio you have to listen to a RADIO!

It helps that the World Cup games are played in same stadiums. They can and do pour a lot of resources into those few stadiums.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.