22-9 ... 4 Seed

10-3 Non conference
12-6 Conference

Season starts next week! Muss’ biggest challenge yet as a college coach with his youngest team and the most new faces (11 out of 13). Reminiscent of past Kentucky/Duke teams loaded with freshman one-and-dones, I expect the 2022-23 version of Hawg Ball to struggle early and then hit their stride in January. If Muss can get his current squad to play to their talent level AND mesh as a team (especially defensively), another deep run in the NCAA’s is likely.

Arkansas was a potential Final Four team if Jaylin Williams came back, but Muss will be held in the highest regard among the coaching fraternity if he gets this group to the second weekend. My prediction: I think he returns the Razorbacks to the Elite Eight and is immediately nicknamed “Elite Eight Eric” … which, of course, pisses him off and fires him up for the next year.

Wax

4 Likes

IMO a better record and No E-eight…

I like it. I think the team will have a rough few months. I’m not sure what that what that will do to our seed, but I think we will be playing our best ball when the tournament rolls around. I just hope we can stay 5 seed or higher. Texas game obviously changed my opinion a bit. And only thing that can undo that is a good showing Maui. Right now, I’m like you 4 or 5 seed.

1 Like

Defending the 3 will set the tone. It sure seems odd how bad the hogs make the 3! Second weekend seems a like a long shot right now. We will have to see how they are playing in January!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.