2023 ESPN 5-star big adds Arkansas offer

ESPN profile- Baye Fall - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Does Arkansas actually have a legitimate shot with Fall, or will this end up being another waste of time and effort like with Ware, Wright, Udeh, and Reneau?

Odds are against you just because of the amount of comp but obviously no chance if you don’t get involved.

1 Like

Okay, point taken. It seems like every year Arkansas gets close to landing top out of state hoops prospects, but isn’t quite able to capitalize.

Maybe J. Walsh will be the first for Muss.

1 Like

If you are talking about out of state (bigs-as in PF - C-in small ball lineup), we couldn’t have asked for a better “big”, by that definition, than Smith last season. You can be a great “big” in college and be 6’7", Ex- Corliss Williamson. Smith worked out pretty darn good. We could not have made that Big Dance run without him.

I’d love to have another Smith in 2022 or 2023.

1 Like

I was talking about recognized 5 star talent by most recruiting experts. Obviously, Smith wasn’t utilized properly at IU as a SF, and he shined with a coaching staff that effectively utilized his skillset as a 4/5 combo forward. But Smith was still very much flying under the radar prior to his one season at Arkansas.

One more question for you: Is the coaching staff planning to fill the last scholarship for 21-22 with anyone, or are they just going to hold on to it for 22-23 at this point?

Thanks

I agree. The coaching staff needed another Smith-type 4/5 combo forward for this coming season. They had one in Akol Mawein, but let him slip out of their hands to Oklahoma for some reason. Why didn’t they grab another 4/5 combo to replace Smith from the portal this past spring? The staff knew they needed a replacement for Justin early on after Mawein bolted for OU. They tried to get in with Obanor at the last minute and we saw how that turned out.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.