2022-23 Hogs Hoops observation

I have been following the Hogs since 1971, my freshman year at The University and I know we had some athletically talented teams, especially during Coach Richardson’s tenure, but I think the assortment of athletes who could suit up next year, might be the most athletic. If Toney and Notae return, they will join in with a team of physically gifted young men.

Smith excelled in the recent dunk contest, Walsh supposedly has a 40 inch vertical, Brazile has tremendous athleticism, not as knowledgeable about Black, but seems he fits nicely into the mold as do Ford and Dunning and Pinnion is not a freak, but not too shabby. Seems we could really give Muss a lot to work with.

3 Likes

Just so you know, Black was originally gonna be in the dunk contest too. The Bud is gonna need roof reinforcement next year.

3 Likes

Is there a question in there somewhere? Read it twice.

3 Likes

Touche, had intended to put out there for comments from long time basketball followers to see if they see a similar level of elite level athletic talent making up the next year’s team. Obviously I did not review. Will be more careful in the future.

Think Trivia! :joy:

P.S. What 2022 MacDonald All American was making long passes to Arkansas’ two All Americans plus his future Razorback teammates? (Hint: first two letters of the alphabet). :wink:

1 Like

Oh, it’s OK. I do lots of radio during which the man asking the questions for me never asks a question. He makes a statement. I’ve pondered whether I should just say, “Yes, correct.” And then wait for the next statement. Many in the media no longer asks questions to the coaches or athletes. They want everyone to hear how much they know. Coaches are generally kind to them and just join the conversation.

1 Like

You can’t be more athletically talented than with Darrell Walker and Alvin Robertson. Don’t underestimate the talent Eddie Sutton sometimes assembled. He did not ever have as many athletic types as Nolan Richardson. But he had some.

1 Like

And who could forget the athleticism of “Downtown” Tony Brown?

1 Like

I’ve noticed quite a few questions in pressers (sports, but also, say, White House pressers) that are basically either asking the coach/press secretary to confirm their opinion, or just as you say show off what they think they know (or what they think their audience wants to hear).

My observation is that Muss can obviously build a team from scratch, integrate them, and show up well by season’s end. Am I impressed with that. And, now with this great group mentioned by the OP, I just can’t wait for Nov to show up again.

If they did not hand reporters a microphone, that wouldn’t happen. But I understand that those listening remotely want to hear the question. I wish they were questions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.