2021 prospects

Baseball America released its initial top 100 prospects list for college and high school (two lists) today. There are five Arkansas players or signees on the lists.

College
Christian Franklin 14
Casey Opitz 49
Patrick Wicklander 79

High School
Braylon Bishop 6
Drake Varnado 50

Hmmm, no Connor Noland or Robert Moore. They must not have taken this past shortened season into consideration. Connor was our Friday night starter last season and our saturday season starter as a freshman. Was their list maybe looking at MLB draft potential in their ranking? That should be the only reason Wicklander would be ranked ahead of Noland. Certainly not based on past performances.

Moore is not eligible for the draft in 2021. He’ll be high in the prospect rankings in 2022.

I really wish we could get Braylon to campus. He has a smooth/sweet/powerful swing and roams CF with the best of them.

I doubt he makes it to campus because I believe he will be a Top 10-15 pick in the MLB Draft.

When scouts started comparing Bishop to Ken Griffey Jr., I figured there was little chance he would make it to campus. His stock just keeps going up.

1 Like