2018 big just said

Shelton State sophomore center Matthew Horton 6-10, 219 said he’s about to set up a visit to Arkansas.

More background from Dudley in a recent interview: http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017 … matthew-h/

Awesome news. Hoping to finish with Him, Leblanc, and Moss.

Based on what I’ve read, he would at the very least be just what we are looking for at center on defense.

In talking with him and his coach, he really wants to be a Razorback.

I will check in with them today.

Does he have an Arkansas offer yet?

Living in Tuscaloosa, I will definitely go watch him play for Shelton State this year, especially if things with Arkansas continue to go forward.

Not certain yet, but I doubt they would bring him in without one.

I will admit it was a bit disconcerting to see a 6’10 player averaging 5 rbs a game?

UNTIL you look at minute’s played per game 1.7

So it seems the interest from Arkansas is based more on potential rather than body of work.

Given what little I’ve seen on YouTube his timing on block shots & rebounds is extraordinary as a nice rim protector can never be overvalued.

While your point is valid that it is based more on potential than output to this point, he played more than 1.7 minutes per game. That is a mistake in their stats where he and others are listed as playing one minute or zero minutes per game for whatever reason.

He is then given 24 minutes in the final game.

I’m told by his coach he played in the 15 minute per game range and averaged 5.7 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2 blocks per game.

Had a great month of Feb. when he was 24 of 36 from the field.

Here are his game-by-game stats with him missing the first five game:

http://www.acccathletics.com/sports/mbk … log&pos=sh

That’s a misprint in the NJCAA stats. Go back and look. Their entire team played 35 minute per game according to those stats. He wasn’t top 50 in the nation in blocks playing only 1.7 min/game. That’s impossible. He averaged 6 points on 67% from the field. He would have had to get up 5 shots in under 2 minutes every game to accomplish that.

My guess is that he played around 10 minutes per game assuming that their team had to actually average 200 minutes per game. Only one freshman played a lot of minutes. If that’s true, his production per minute in rebounds and blocks was phenomenal. In their NJCAA tournament loss he had 6 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 24 minutes.

Shelton State was 23-5. Horton was apparently seventh in minutes with only one freshman, a guard, being in the top 5. He was in the rotation.

You guy’s do amazing detective works…thanks for the info. Now I’m excited about his potential!!

Yeah, for as great a resource as the NJCAA stat website is, they pretty consistently are way off on minutes per game.