Arkansas basketball will host Northern Iowa in November and play Hofstra in December. Here is more on those games:
The return of Baybe Iyiola.
Sure wish we were playing a few more marquee games, preferably in Vegas. I see Bama is playing Gonzaga. Wish that was us. I would love a shot at the Zags.
Because of the covid year it’s still a little difficult to get a grasp on Musselman’s scheduling strategy, but I think it’s something like this:
• 4-5 games vs. name-brand teams
• 3-5 games vs. mid majors that should perform well in their conference and boost NET ranking
• 3-4 games that are guaranteed wins
Musselman inherited some of these agreements, like the Hall of Fame Classic and the 2022 Maui Invitational.
I like this schedule. We’ve actually got the potential for 3 marquee games:
- If we both win our first games (we should), the Ilini game will be a marquee game in KC.
- If OK starts off like they did last season, that could be a marquee game in Tulsa.
- The West VA game has a great chance to be a marquee game in Fayetteville.
I’m planning to attend that. I wish they’d announce when the tickets will go on sale. I guess maybe they are waiting to see if Delta will ease some in the next couple months to decide on full capacity seating or not?