Arkansas basketball will host Northern Iowa in November and play Hofstra in December. Here is more on those games:
The return of Baybe Iyiola.
Sure wish we were playing a few more marquee games, preferably in Vegas. I see Bama is playing Gonzaga. Wish that was us. I would love a shot at the Zags.
Because of the covid year it’s still a little difficult to get a grasp on Musselman’s scheduling strategy, but I think it’s something like this:
• 4-5 games vs. name-brand teams
• 3-5 games vs. mid majors that should perform well in their conference and boost NET ranking
• 3-4 games that are guaranteed wins
Musselman inherited some of these agreements, like the Hall of Fame Classic and the 2022 Maui Invitational.
I like this schedule. We’ve actually got the potential for 3 marquee games:
- If we both win our first games (we should), the Ilini game will be a marquee game in KC.
- If OK starts off like they did last season, that could be a marquee game in Tulsa.
- The West VA game has a great chance to be a marquee game in Fayetteville.
I’m planning to attend that. I wish they’d announce when the tickets will go on sale. I guess maybe they are waiting to see if Delta will ease some in the next couple months to decide on full capacity seating or not?
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.