Free forum for all users.
SilverFox

June Football Start

Postby SilverFox » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Come June, ALL of the 2019 football player personnel will supposedly be present and accounted for on campus - and involved in the "Summer conditioning" program.

How much of an upswing in talent level and proficiency do you expect to realize from the incoming freshmen and transfer players? How much better, overall, do you think we will be in June - - as opposed to how we currently stand? At what current positional needs do you anticipate seeing the most significant increase in talent and productivity?

To what degree will the newcomers be difference makers?

SilverFox

Re: June Football Start

Postby SilverFox » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:14 pm

OK: - - - - - -

Well, then: - - - - - is the pretty cheerleader that the male cheerleaders toss somersaulting and jackknifing high up into the air and catching in a blanket the originally-termed "Tight End"? :?:

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Friends, for well over sixty years

The Razorbacks (NOT the Texas Steers)

Have been my primary college football staple

Our recent football fortunes have tanked

And Hogs football has been soundly spanked

But our 2019 record's still perfect in April

:)

BobgHawg

Postby BobgHawg » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi Silver Fox.

My right wing friends say no new deal is good. I hope they are wrong.

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:38 pm

BobgHawg wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 pm
Hi Silver Fox.

My right wing friends say no new deal is good. I hope they are wrong.
Well, you might keep in mind this philosophical truism; - - if "The Old Deal" had still been working well for us, then there would have been no need for a "New Deal".

Sometimes, - - when the conditions under "The Old Deal" degenerate so badly, - - it takes a while just to halt the Hell-bound Elevator's descent into the subbasement. Then it takes a bit longer to get that elevator headed back up past all of the ground that was lost.

It took us a while to bottom out. Getting back to a competitive level is not going to happen with only one season under the belts of the performers under "The New Deal". - - - - But at least we're headed back UP now, - - instead of DOWN.

Hang in there.

8-)

EuroHog

Postby EuroHog » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:14 pm

We won't know if we're headed back up until some real results are seen. It's like being in an elevator that's malfunctioning; the door closes, it jerks and shakes and makes noises, but when the door opens, you're still on the same floor. That said, I'm optimistic about improvement, but don't think we're headed for the penthouse quite yet.

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:41 pm

Granted, we won't see "the proof in the pudding" results of the upgrade until we are well into this coming season. However, based upon the solid advances in both recruiting results, - and in the coaching acquisitions, - I am very hopeful of seeing marked overall improvement THIS YEAR.