Free forum for all users.
Dfarris

Gafford and NBA

Postby Dfarris » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 pm

Other than the big paycheck, does it appear to anyone else that Gafford would greatly benefit from more years in college?
Certainly, he has incredible potential to play at the NBA level for many years barring injury and perhaps fear of injury and never getting that big 1st paycheck is the deciding factor.
However, on the court it appears to me that he could use more time to fill out his frame a bit more and get stronger when he has his back to the basket.
He can make the splash plays at the college level and perhaps that’s all he’ll be asked to do in the NBA.
I find it odd that pundits want to rush him out of Fayetteville and into the NBA as soon as possible. Could there be anything to the fact that they want him gone before the Hogs have a legitimate shot a becoming good enough to compete and possibly beat the blue bloods that reload each year with lottery pick players. I wouldn’t put it past them because they’re in bed with these cheating scumbag programs.
Gafford is going to play in the NBA, but I selfishly would like to see him wait and bring some glory days back to Razorback program.
Hog fans need it badly!

Go Hogs!

Dudley Dawson

Re: Gafford and NBA

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:41 pm

He projected to go anywhere from 8-14 in the mock drafts for the NBA 2019 draft.

Certainly he would have be a more ready player for the NBA if he stayed.

But he could also get injured like Michael Qualls.

When you are a sure-fired lottery pick and thus a future millionaire, you should definitely come out after two years.

That's certainly what I would advise if he were my son.

As for the pundits pushing him out, look I would love to cover him for four years.

But it's not about me or Arkansas or the fans, it's about him and what to do that is best for his future.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Gafford will know himself based on how this season goes if he ready . The young man needs to develop his offensive game but turning down that first contract for being a sure lottery pick would be hard to do. If he were my son I would want him to go but I would leave the decision up to him.
Once the hogs youthful guards get used to feeding the post we will see the big man flourish on offense. He needs to work on the outside shot and his free throws.

SoArkHog

Postby SoArkHog » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm

He's got to go if he's still projected as a lottery pick by the end of the year. In just one game, we've seen his face or throat get stepped on and his arm wrenched on a blocked shot attempt. Too much risk of career-threatening injury if he stays. Would love to see him two more years, but it's not in his best interest.

Hogbacker

Postby Hogbacker » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:16 pm

No brainer, if your a pick start packing. WPS