Premium forum for discussing Razorback recruiting with Hawgs Illustrated recruiting editor Dudley Dawson and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette's recruiting expert, Richard Davenport.
Jrjdent

Juco

Postby Jrjdent » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm

How many Juco guys can we expect?

We need some instant help in the worst way I hope we get at least 5. Hopefully they consist of 2 decent OL, not sold on the one who is likely to commit I’m thinking that OL recruiting will be the downfall of Chad if he doesn’t get it going, because it’s awful right not. But we certainly need some help from ready to go players.

Jimbeau77

Re: Juco

Postby Jimbeau77 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Jrjdent wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm

We need some instant help in the worst way I hope we get at least 5. Hopefully they consist of 2 decent OL, not sold on the one who is likely to commit I’m thinking that OL recruiting will be the downfall of Chad if he doesn’t get it going, because it’s awful right not. But we certainly need some help from ready to go players.
LB’s & safeties too maybe. We need immediate help in a few areas with Oline 1st on the list.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

Dudley Dawson

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:00 pm

One suspects 4.

2 OL, at least one LB and maybe two unless they bring in a juco S instead.

I like what I have seen from Tim Anderson on film.

What do you not like about him - his offer list?

gashog

Postby gashog » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Jrjdent wrote:

I definitely think we need some JC help at oline, and need to continue to build there. I think I read that that was actually a plan for some DL we have recruited. I think it would be a good spot for Cole. Not TE but Oline or Dline.

Having said that, I think our incredibly non -talented Oline has been the highlight of our last two games.
If the game was a simple as execution, there wouldn't be closed practices and playbooks, there would be open practices and a play. - Gashog

Lose The Fear!

Jimbeau77

Postby Jimbeau77 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm

gashog wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 pm
Jrjdent wrote:

I definitely think we need some JC help at oline, and need to continue to build there. I think I read that that was actually a plan for some DL we have recruited. I think it would be a good spot for Cole. Not TE but Oline or Dline.

Having said that, I think our incredibly non -talented Oline has been the highlight of our last two games.
This. non talented online did pretty good when you have a RB over 100 yards in the 1st quarter, allowing QB to connect on TD passes. Having a comfortable lead at half time. But break downs start occurring late when they are tired which shows lack of any quality depth.
It is a very weak & depleted online for sure but effort is there regardless. It’s just the hand CCM was dealt.

That OM TD just before half time & 97 yard drive late wasn’t the olines fault.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Expect a couple of JCs and a grad transfer or two on the O-line. They'll do whatever they need to do.

RICEPIG1

Postby RICEPIG1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Richard Davenport wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:15 pm
Expect a couple of JCs and a grad transfer or two on the O-line. They'll do whatever they need to do.
So, we're going to sign 29 and take up to 2 Grad transfers on the o-line + a QB grad transfer?? Who's going to be left for spring practice, lol?

SoArkHog

Postby SoArkHog » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Remember: signing jucos isn't enough; they have to be the right jucos. In other words, many jucos aren't any more prepared than good high school players. We've homered and whiffed with jucos in the past. Also, remember, we're not the only ones looking for a quick-fix talent infusion.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm

RICEPIG1 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Richard Davenport wrote:
So, we're going to sign 29 and take up to 2 Grad transfers on the o-line + a QB grad transfer?? Who's going to be left for spring practice, lol?
They were going to sign 22 or 23. Now it's around 29.

When you know you need help you make the numbers work.

RICEPIG1

Postby RICEPIG1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Richard Davenport wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm
RICEPIG1 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm
Richard Davenport wrote:
They were going to sign 22 or 23. Now it's around 29.

When you know you need help you make the numbers work.
Oh, I understand, except where the next 12-14 leaving are going to come from, and when.