Premium forum for discussing Razorback recruiting with Hawgs Illustrated recruiting editor Dudley Dawson and the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette's recruiting expert, Richard Davenport.
Jimbeau77

Re: Kelly Bryant

Postby Jimbeau77 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm

SoArkHog wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:19 pm
nlr buzzard wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm
I think it would help the other positions on offense to develop for 2020 forward to have Bryant come in next year. It is important for the other positions to get used to how the offense will work with a high-level talent recruited for the system running the show.
It also would give CM more time to groom the 2020 starter at QB.

Of course, Bryant would have to win the job.

One way or another, we are going to lose some QBs off the roster after this season. It could be one, it could be three, but given the way college football works these days, I just can't see all the current guys sticking around.
Quite frankly, if we have two QBs coming in (Bryant and Jefferson), I don't think it will be healthy for all the QBs to stay. That room can get too crowded, especially considering you can only play one at a time. A guy like Hyatt can get lost in a hurry and seems to already have. We'll see.
Al least 2 will need to go. Hyatt & kelly most probable. I think Ty stays because technically it’s still his job to lose & plus he would be the most viable backup in case of injury to Bryant. Then there is Austin Aune still in the mix somewhere I think. (Non scholarship tho).
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

SoArkHog

Postby SoArkHog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Jimbeau77 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm
SoArkHog wrote:
nlr buzzard wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:58 pm
I think it would help the other positions on offense to develop for 2020 forward to have Bryant come in next year. It is important for the other positions to get used to how the offense will work with a high-level talent recruited for the system running the show.
It also would give CM more time to groom the 2020 starter at QB.

Of course, Bryant would have to win the job.

One way or another, we are going to lose some QBs off the roster after this season. It could be one, it could be three, but given the way college football works these days, I just can't see all the current guys sticking around.
Quite frankly, if we have two QBs coming in (Bryant and Jefferson), I don't think it will be healthy for all the QBs to stay. That room can get too crowded, especially considering you can only play one at a time. A guy like Hyatt can get lost in a hurry and seems to already have. We'll see.
Al least 2 will need to go. Hyatt & kelly most probable. I think Ty stays because technically it’s still his job to lose & plus he would be the most viable backup in case of injury to Bryant. Then there is Austin Aune still in the mix somewhere I think. (Non scholarship tho).
Aune, I believe, is at TCU. I know he left in the spring.

Swine Fusion

Postby Swine Fusion » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:01 pm

I could see Storey leaving if Jefferson established himself as #2 in the spring (with KB at #1 obviously). Otherwise he probably stays. Noland and JSJ, no idea. Noland might just go full-time baseball if he looks like he won't play any time soon. But this is pure conjecture. KB isn't here yet.
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

gashog

Postby gashog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm

It would be a incredible get. #reallivegamechanger

It would be the biggest thing to happen around here in a looooong time
If the game was a simple as execution, there wouldn't be closed practices and playbooks, there would be open practices and a play. - Gashog

Lose The Fear!

Jimbeau77

Postby Jimbeau77 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:21 pm

SoArkHog wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm
Jimbeau77 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm
SoArkHog wrote:

Aune, I believe, is at TCU. I know he left in the spring.
Ok wasn’t sure about Aune. Still think 2 QB’s leave if Bryant comes here.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

Jrjdent

Postby Jrjdent » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Kiss this thought goodbye.

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:16 pm

Austin Aune is at North Texas, with Cole Hedlund. Yes, the same North Texas team that took our Hogs behind the woodshed several weeks ago inside Donald Reynolds Razorback Stadium.

Go Hogs!

pghawg1

Postby pghawg1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Nobody knows if Kelly Bryant is interested or not

goldsurfer

Postby goldsurfer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Nobody knows.....is it CONFIRMED he is visiting next weekend?

pghawg1

Postby pghawg1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Yes , I read he will be here for Tulsa