Premium forum for discussing Razorback basketball.
Blu

Re: Reggie Chaney

Postby Blu » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:16 pm

PJHawg wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Scottie Bordelon wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:51 am
I wrote in one thread last week I think they'll go with three guards and slide Embery or Jones into the 3 spot. I like the idea of their build there. Embery could easily play the 2 as well. May see Bailey and Chaney rotate at the 4. If we'd have seen them scrimmage at all yesterday I could paint a better picture of a lineup, but we didn't. May have to wait for the Red-White game for that.
I think one of the roles of 2 in Mike's system is when they are not fast breaking, 2 helps 1 bring the ball up the court. I still think if Harris, Joe and Embery are the 3 guards on the court, it will be Embery that helps Harris. We will see.
Just from listening to the interviews, hearsay on pick-up game reports, and listening to CMA. As of right now assuming Garland doesn't get cleared and Phillips is not ready to start the season I think they'll go with a 9-man rotation to start out.

Starters...
G - Harris
G - Joe
G - Jones
F - Bailey
F - Gafford

Bench...
G - Embery
G - Sills
F - Gabe
F - Chaney (think he plays starter like minutes and closes most of the games alongside Gafford)

I think Henderson will be used situational and see some minutes if some of the other forwards get in foul trouble, but I still think he's a bit away from being able to contribute, he's gotta add weight and get stronger, CMA kinda confirmed that at the press conference referencing him just now starting to hold his own and was getting pushed around a lot before. Ibby, I think won't play much at all this season, from everything I've heard he's the project we thought he was and he's going to be a while before he's ready to contribute. I'm hoping Phillips won't miss much, I actually thought before his injury he would be a guy that would compete for a starting spot. Once he's back I think we'll have a solid 10-man rotation.

PJHawg

Postby PJHawg » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:11 pm

bakedhog19741 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 pm
PJHawg wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 pm
Scottie Bordelon wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:51 am
I wrote in one thread last week I think they'll go with three guards and slide Embery or Jones into the 3 spot. I like the idea of their build there. Embery could easily play the 2 as well. May see Bailey and Chaney rotate at the 4. If we'd have seen them scrimmage at all yesterday I could paint a better picture of a lineup, but we didn't. May have to wait for the Red-White game for that.
I think one of the roles of 2 in Mike's system is when they are not fast breaking, 2 helps 1 bring the ball up the court. I still think if Harris, Joe and Embery are the 3 guards on the court, it will be Embery that helps Harris. We will see.

This is one of the reasons I was so high on Jordan Phillips, at 6’7, he has the size, length, and athleticism to play the three, but he is primarily a guard, who can bring the ball up and facilitate. Maybe not as good as Harris, but he can take some of the pressure of the 1’s and 2’s while he’s on court. Disappointed that the kid is still having issues that’ll keep him out another month and a half. Hopefully, he will come back and be 100%
Absolutely. I had mentioned before that Mike will play a 3 guard lineup as long as a true small forward/guard like Jordan is not available.
Last edited by PJHawg on Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollingwithmike

Postby rollingwithmike » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:01 am

Lynnsanity wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:46 pm
Dudley Dawson wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:32 pm
I thought Bobby Portis was pretty good.
Are you saying Chaney is Portis good or making fun that I left out Portis? Not really sure if he was a PF here. Either way I'll take another Portis! What is your take on Chaney DD?
Comments: actually he played both positions for Mike and was drafted as a PF to the Bulls..For me personally until I see Chaney play at this next level I like Powell not ignoring Portis play and going in the NBA - first round

niels_boar

Postby niels_boar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 pm

At 6-5/207 Mason Jones is a legit wing in college basketball these days. He's bigger than any third guard that CMA has played since Qualls. With Joe at 6-5 as well we won't be small on the perimeter this season.

RandyReece

Postby RandyReece » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 am

niels_boar wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 pm
At 6-5/207 Mason Jones is a legit wing in college basketball these days. He's bigger than any third guard that CMA has played since Qualls. With Joe at 6-5 as well we won't be small on the perimeter this season.
Joe could use a few more biscuits.

niels_boar

Postby niels_boar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:58 am

RandyReece wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:38 am
niels_boar wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 pm
Joe could use a few more biscuits.
True, but he has the length to reach across the table to get them. It will cost him on switches to forwards, but we will hopefully contest on the perimeter better than we have in a while.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 pm

For Dudley or RD
How does Reggie Chaney's game compare to Reggie Perry's?

bakedhog19741

Postby bakedhog19741 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:29 pm
For Dudley or RD

That’s a good question, RazorAg, if you’re on maybe you can answer as well?

Dudley Dawson

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Jeremy wrote:
For Dudley or RD
I would say that Reggie Perry's all-around game is more defined - one of the factors in Perry being ranked considerably higher.

Perry is 2-3 inches taller.

Chaney is more of a rugged guy inside than Perry.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:30 am

Jeremy wrote:
For Dudley or RD
Perry has better range, is a better ball handler, longer and overall better skills.

Chaney is more physical, more athletic and offensively will do most of his damage around the paint.