Free forum for all users.
dwp007

Way too Early 2018 Razorback Football Predictions

Postby dwp007 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

I really like the new staff and the emphasis on speed. As we all know, Bielema was a "big boy" football kind of guy and everything seemed to be designed around the extra large and [supposedly] strong, from the biggest offensive line in all of football to a 6'7" 270 pound quarterback. The results speak for themselves. Have a hunch there's going to be a lot of cardio work and weight loss in Fayetteville during the offseason. Speed kills.

Not intended to minimize the official Hawg Lounge member predictions of HA's poll during the season, I would be interested to get a view from hog brothers and sisters with an offseason prediction, on a game to game basis for 2018.

Personally, I think the offense will be much improved and believe Cole Kelly will be severely pushed at quarterback. If Chavis can make the defense modestly better and special teams crank it up a notch, the schedule favors a much better season, in my opinion.

2018 Arkansas Football Schedule Predictions

Sept. 1 – EASTERN ILLINOIS W
Sept. 8 – at Colorado State W
Sept. 15 – NORTH TEXAS W
Sept. 22 – at Auburn L
Sept. 29 – vs. Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas) W
Oct. 6 – ALABAMA L
Oct. 13 – OLE MISS W
Oct. 20 – TULSA W
Oct. 27 – VANDERBILT W
Nov. 3 – Open Date
Nov. 10 – LSU L
Nov. 17 – at Mississippi State L
Nov. 24 – at Missouri W

Several of these games could flip either way, including A&M and LSU after an open date at home, but for the most part, I think Morris and company deliver and subject to change before HA's poll in the fall:

8 wins, 4 losses.

Go Hogs.

LaHog

Re: Way too Early 2018 Razorback Football Predictions

Postby LaHog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 pm

I agree with you, and with Coach Chavis at the defensive controls, his knowledge of SEC West opponent’s offensive identities, we could be 9-10 wins possibilities...the glass is half full Razorback fans...the defense will be a philosophy rebuild, but the offense with all the complexity of formations, teaching receivers to run open may take a few games at game speed to improve before our beloved SEC opponents arrive for a new kind of Arkansas Razorbacks...how many more days?
Record 9-3 Losses = Auburn
Alabama
LSU...this game could be our 10th win, after bye week!

WPS...

bakedhog19741

Postby bakedhog19741 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:45 pm

dwp007 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am
I really like the new staff and the emphasis on speed. As we all know, Bielema was a "big boy" football kind of guy and everything seemed to be designed around the extra large and [supposedly] strong, from the biggest offensive line in all of football to a 6'7" 270 pound quarterback. The results speak for themselves. Have a hunch there's going to be a lot of cardio work and weight loss in Fayetteville during the offseason. Speed kills.

Not intended to minimize the official Hawg Lounge member predictions of HA's poll during the season, I would be interested to get a view from hog brothers and sisters with an offseason prediction, on a game to game basis for 2018.

Personally, I think the offense will be much improved and believe Cole Kelly will be severely pushed at quarterback. If Chavis can make the defense modestly better and special teams crank it up a notch, the schedule favors a much better season, in my opinion.

2018 Arkansas Football Schedule Predictions

Sept. 15 – NORTH TEXAS W
Sept. 22 – at Auburn L
Sept. 29 – vs. Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas) W
Oct. 6 – ALABAMA L
Oct. 13 – OLE MISS W
Oct. 20 – TULSA W
Oct. 27 – VANDERBILT W
Nov. 3 – Open Date
Nov. 10 – LSU L
Nov. 17 – at Mississippi State L
Nov. 24 – at Missouri W

Several of these games could flip either way, including A&M and LSU after an open date at home, but for the most part, I think Morris and company deliver and subject to change before HA's poll in the fall:

8 wins, 4 losses.

Go Hogs.

I said 9 before we fired Bret. I don’t necessarily see anyone on our schedule that changes my opinion, even with the new staff.

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 pm

In my bummed-out, shell-shocked, expecting-the-worst opinion, we win the first three games. - - - I'll leave it right there.

:(

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 pm

I don’t expect a miraculous turnaround in year one, but bowl eligibility should be attainable with the schedule we have.
How long will it take for Coach Morris to evaluate the QB that will lead his style of offense will be first order of business, personally I have doubts that it will be Cole Kelley. Key to the offenses success will be the evaluation of what O-linemen currently on the roster will fit his schemes, I believe we will see several different players in the starting lineup next season.
Finally, which receivers have the type of speed he needs to be successful, most had problems getting separation from the defender last season.
Defense will probably be back in a base 4-3 with some modifications depending on the ingame situation. We are going to be relying most likely on several young, but talented DB’s and corners while the LB’s should be pretty strong at least the starters. We are going to need guys like Guidry and Marshall to become grown men along the defensive line along with a strong season from Agim, Capps.
A more detailed focus on special teams is a must from this point forward which has been a glaring weakness the past couple of seasons.
I don’t take the trip to Colorado State as a certain victory, but we should be able to handle our business with Eastern Illinois and North Texas at Home.
H-Eastern Illinois-Win
@Colorado St.-Toss up game
H-North Texas-Win
@Auburn-Loss
Texas A&M-Toss up game @ Arlington
@Alabama-Loss
H-Ole Miss-Win
H-Tulsa-Win
H-Vanderbilt-Win
Bye
H-LSU- Loss
@Miss St.-Toss up game
@Missouri-Toss up game

So, I see 5 games that we should be able to win and if we can at least find 2 wins in these Toss up games then we could get to 7-5 and get to a bowl game which I believe would be realistic for year one with all the changes in scheme on both sides of the line of scrimmage while playing a bunch of young guys with little experience.
Any victory total above 7 I believe would be tremendous.

Go Hogs!

HogDynasty

Postby HogDynasty » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm

We will get better and better as the season goes along. We should start 3-0 and then the SEC Wars begin. I do not like picking the SEC games because anything can happen and usually does.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"
WOOOOOOOOOOO PIG!

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Hard nose defense is what I want to see out of our hogs! The record isn't as important to me as what type of heart the team plays with.
My overall thought on the record would be 5-7 or 6-6.

DistantHog

Postby DistantHog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 am

I would observe that - on offense, many of these kids ran similar (spread-like) offenses in HS. Expecting that the change from 3YCD (3 yards and a cloud of dust) to the spread won't be too much of an issue.

Since just about anything is better of defense, having the D going against a working spread (not the less talented backups simulating a spread) during the spring and late summer will have positive impacts on how the defense thinks and reacts.

I think 8 wins is possible.

Hogbacker

Postby Hogbacker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 am

I’m with Army let’s play tough hard nose punishing football and the wins will line up accordingly! WPS

Macpoe55

Postby Macpoe55 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 am

Sept. 15 – NORTH TEXAS W
Sept. 22 – at Auburn L
Sept. 29 – vs. Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas) L
Oct. 6 – ALABAMA L
Oct. 13 – OLE MISS W
Oct. 20 – TULSA W
Oct. 27 – VANDERBILT W