Free forum for all users.
scootriteby

Re: 2 years too late. Are FANS ready to WIN now?

Postby scootriteby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:33 am

GeneralHog wrote:
scootriteby wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:
So two years equates a perennial power? Look, I'm not happy with what happened anymore than any other fan, but throwing out ridiculous claims isn't going to help the situation.

You're the one throwing out ridiculous stuff. No where in his two sentence statement did he say anything about a perennial power. He just stated he was excited about the future. I got a question for you? Do you think anyone is excited about the future right now...based on what we have seen consistently over the last 5 years? A 26-27 won loss record just doesn't do it for me.

I understand it's sometimes hard to grasp sarcasm with the written word, but that was sarcasm.

I'm sure most people aren't hopeful at the moment, but that's no excuse to make a ridiculous claim that Bielema some how created our downfall. We were already in the dumps when he got here. And that was my original point.

Sure doesn't read like any sarcasm I have ever seen. But okay. Let's take your "already in the dumps" when he got here statement. One year really doesn't make it the dumps, just like 2 years doesn't make a perennial power, and that was mainly because they kept a piss poor "caretaker" to run the program in JLS. Given all that, there is absolutely no way you can legitimately blame anyone but the coaches we have now for our current state of affairs. He has had 5 years here to right the ship, but it hasn't happened. At this point, I would almost take HDN back and that is true desperation...lol(that was sarcasm).

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 am

scootriteby wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:
scootriteby wrote:You're the one throwing out ridiculous stuff. No where in his two sentence statement did he say anything about a perennial power. He just stated he was excited about the future. I got a question for you? Do you think anyone is excited about the future right now...based on what we have seen consistently over the last 5 years? A 26-27 won loss record just doesn't do it for me.

I understand it's sometimes hard to grasp sarcasm with the written word, but that was sarcasm.

I'm sure most people aren't hopeful at the moment, but that's no excuse to make a ridiculous claim that Bielema some how created our downfall. We were already in the dumps when he got here. And that was my original point.

Sure doesn't read like any sarcasm I have ever seen. But okay. Let's take your "already in the dumps" when he got here statement. One year really doesn't make it the dumps, just like 2 years doesn't make a perennial power, and that was mainly because they kept a piss poor "caretaker" to run the program in JLS. Given all that, there is absolutely no way you can legitimately blame anyone but the coaches we have now for our current state of affairs. He has had 5 years here to right the ship, but it hasn't happened. At this point, I would almost take HDN back and that is true desperation...lol(that was sarcasm).

That's debatable. Until the end of last year, most people thought we were on the right track of smoothing things out, but 3 loses and a lot of people are ready to run Bielema out of town. And if you don't think the JLS year didn't put the program in the dumps, then look at the 2 years after that year with the beginning of the rebuild. Bielema's fixed a lot of things and yes, the wins aren't coming as fast as we would like, but my original point still stands.

Plow80

Postby Plow80 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 am

GeneralHog wrote:
Plow80 wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:
Yes, because before he got here we were tearing up the college football world.

You ever watch a Bobby Petrino team? Sure made me excited about the future.

So two years equates a perennial power? Look, I'm not happy with what happened anymore than any other fan, but throwing out ridiculous claims isn't going to help the situation.

Ridiculous claims? Who had a ridiculous claim?

...I was stating facts. I don't know that we were going to be a perennial power, but we were a hell of a lot closer to that than CBB has even been to a 10 win season.

Return to “Hawg Lounge”