Free forum for all users.
SilverFox

Re: Way too Early 2018 Razorback Football Predictions

Postby SilverFox » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:48 am

I honestly have no clue as to what to expect, after watching the first game last week. I'm fairly confidant that we stand a decent chance of going 3-0 in these first three games; - - but I'm very much afraid that the comeback train will derail as a result of the murderers' row of very stiff, formidable SEC competition. A string of disheartening embarrassments could be be devastating to this rebuilding squad.

I most certainly hope for the best; - - but I simply don't know what to expect for the season - - - based upon what I saw - and DIDN'T SEE - in the Eastern Illinois game.

hogreality

Postby hogreality » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:39 pm

8-4, 9-3, bwaaaahahahahaha. Those were surely jokes.

Rzbackangler

Postby Rzbackangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:06 pm

dwp007 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am
I really like the new staff and the emphasis on speed. As we all know, Bielema was a "big boy" football kind of guy and everything seemed to be designed around the extra large and [supposedly] strong, from the biggest offensive line in all of football to a 6'7" 270 pound quarterback. The results speak for themselves. Have a hunch there's going to be a lot of cardio work and weight loss in Fayetteville during the offseason. Speed kills.

Not intended to minimize the official Hawg Lounge member predictions of HA's poll during the season, I would be interested to get a view from hog brothers and sisters with an offseason prediction, on a game to game basis for 2018.

Personally, I think the offense will be much improved and believe Cole Kelly will be severely pushed at quarterback. If Chavis can make the defense modestly better and special teams crank it up a notch, the schedule favors a much better season, in my opinion.

2018 Arkansas Football Schedule Predictions

Sept. 1 – EASTERN ILLINOIS W
Sept. 8 – at Colorado State W
Sept. 15 – NORTH TEXAS W
Sept. 22 – at Auburn L
Sept. 29 – vs. Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas) W
Oct. 6 – ALABAMA L
Oct. 13 – OLE MISS W
Oct. 20 – TULSA W
Oct. 27 – VANDERBILT W
Nov. 3 – Open Date
Nov. 10 – LSU L
Nov. 17 – at Mississippi State L
Nov. 24 – at Missouri W

Several of these games could flip either way, including A&M and LSU after an open date at home, but for the most part, I think Morris and company deliver and subject to change before HA's poll in the fall:

8 wins, 4 losses.

Go Hogs.
I hope you’re right, but I think you drank too much kool aide.

Moark777

Postby Moark777 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Anyone that believed Missouri is going to be a win or a toss up game is not paying attention. Now that the season has started, the Hogs look very bad. Mizzou has yet to play a good team, bu they look to be very much improved whereas the Hogs are even worse than last year.

When B.B. was hired, hog fans just could not believe a coach from the weak Big 10 could win in the mighty SEC. His resume was a lot better than Chad Morris who did not come from even a major conference and his high water mark was 7 wins. Hog fans should have really been questioning this hire. Also I will add it is fine for the coach to go watch his son when the hogs play a home game. But when they travel he needs to be with the team. Using the excuse that he is a family man is stretching it. A family man also teaches his kids to take care of their obligations. His obligation was to be with his team when traveling. I don’t believe it cost the hogs the game but I do believe it was a mistake to think it does not matter to his players. It does.

Dallas Sooie Pig

Postby Dallas Sooie Pig » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:31 pm

dwp007 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:09 am

Personally, I think the offense will be much improved and believe Cole Kelly will be severely pushed at quarterback. If Chavis can make the defense modestly better and special teams crank it up a notch, the schedule favors a much better season, in my opinion.

2018 Arkansas Football Schedule Predictions

Sept. 1 – EASTERN ILLINOIS W
Sept. 8 – at Colorado State W
Sept. 15 – NORTH TEXAS W
Sept. 22 – at Auburn L
Sept. 29 – vs. Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas) W
Oct. 6 – ALABAMA L
Oct. 13 – OLE MISS W
Oct. 20 – TULSA W
Oct. 27 – VANDERBILT W
Nov. 3 – Open Date
Nov. 10 – LSU L
Nov. 17 – at Mississippi State L
Nov. 24 – at Missouri W

Several of these games could flip either way, including A&M and LSU after an open date at home, but for the most part, I think Morris and company deliver and subject to change before HA's poll in the fall:

8 wins, 4 losses.

Go Hogs.
Care to revise your 2018 prediction?

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 pm

Clearly, I had my share [as well as a few other's share] of kool aide when the fearless [and painfully wrong] forecast was made. :shock: At this point, it will be interesting to see how Morris and company respond. Everything starts with quarterback in the RPO offense and I would sure hope to see Noland, Jones and/or Hyatt get some quality PT. Unfortunately, Kelly and Storey are hopelessly miscast in this offense, in my opinion.

Recruiting can cure most issues, but given the horrendous 1-2 start, I think Morris must play kids from here forward with an eye on the future.

Go Hogs.

Gay

Postby Gay » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:05 am

dwp007 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 pm
I would sure hope to see Noland, Jones and/or Hyatt get some quality PT.
You got you wish and we see how they did:
Interceptions, and mostly QB sacks and 3 and out. In time, they may be outstanding QBs; but, at this time, they are not ready.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 am

You may be spot on, my friend. Yet, it's very difficult, especially at quarterback, to go into live game action and play well, particularly when you haven't received any meaningful reps during practice.

Living in Texas, I haven't had much of a chance to follow Connor Noland and I don't know much about Daulton Hyatt. John Stephen Jones had a remarkable high school career and though undersized, has the competitive heart of a wild boar. Perhaps unfairly, there have been comparisons to Johnny Foosball and Baker Mayfield, both also a tad small, but tremendous athletes and competitors. Watching Jones in action and on film, it's easy to understand the comparisons.

Honestly, I am hoping Ty Storey sets the plains ablaze this coming weekend, by handing off to a quality back on the read option, passing to a quality receiver or keeping the football to turn up field. I don't believe Ty or Cole are wired for it, however, because neither are terribly athletic nor a threat running, but again, my hope is to be wrong.

Otherwise, I hope that Noland and Jones begin getting sustained, meaningful reps in practice and a legitimate opportunity to play.

Go Hogs.

Hogbacker

Postby Hogbacker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:20 am

dwp007 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:50 pm
Clearly, I had my share [as well as a few other's share] of kool aide when the fearless [and painfully wrong] forecast was made. :shock: At this point, it will be interesting to see how Morris and company respond. Everything starts with quarterback in the RPO offense and I would sure hope to see Noland, Jones and/or Hyatt get some quality PT. Unfortunately, Kelly and Storey are hopelessly miscast in this offense, in my opinion.

Recruiting can cure most issues, but given the horrendous 1-2 start, I think Morris must play kids from here forward with an eye on the future.

Go Hogs.
That’s funny, nothing worse than a kool aide hangover, most all of us drank a little to much. But this thing is not over yet as I sit here and sip slowly. WPS

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:22 am

I admire your continued optimism, brother. Yet, unless Ty Storey can find some wheels, we may all be sipping from the kool aide bin on Saturday for a different reason - to help ease the pain. :shock:

Go Hogs.