Free forum for all users.
Gay
Posts: 789
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Gay » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:49 am

Since he was expected to be one of the starting 5 next year, a lot of us are confused by his transfer. But, I guess it doesn't much matter for him or the team. Anderson will sign another player in his place and he will play wherever he transfers too.

GeneralHog
Posts: 2090
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby GeneralHog » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:51 pm

Jones to Middle Tennessee

Hall to DePaul.

Very confused.

Dfarris
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Dfarris » Sun May 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Hall to DePaul is a real head scratcher for anyone with any college basketball sense. This isn't Ray Meyers nationally respected DePaul program and won't be anytime soon. Whomever, talked this kid into leaving the UofA to the city of Chicago and DePaul doesn't have his best interest at heart.
First of all, Chicago is the most dangerous place in America for a young African American to find themselves currently.
Secondly, DePaul basketball has been in the dumpster for the better part of the past 30 years.

Great advice!

Go Hogs!

GeneralHog
Posts: 2090
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby GeneralHog » Mon May 07, 2018 8:09 am

Dfarris wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:20 pm
Hall to DePaul is a real head scratcher for anyone with any college basketball sense. This isn't Ray Meyers nationally respected DePaul program and won't be anytime soon. Whomever, talked this kid into leaving the UofA to the city of Chicago and DePaul doesn't have his best interest at heart.
First of all, Chicago is the most dangerous place in America for a young African American to find themselves currently.
Secondly, DePaul basketball has been in the dumpster for the better part of the past 30 years.

Great advice!

Go Hogs!
Yep. I just don't get it and what this family member was telling him. Aside from the history of playing in Chicago brings, this a completely backwards move.

Dfarris
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Dfarris » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm

I have to eat some crow about this years Hogs probably not missing Darius Hall.
This years team would be much better with Hall on the roster.
As for Coach Anderson being confused about his transfer decision, he might want to get that figured out because this a starting to be a trend with his program and it’s put us in a bad spot this season with basically no upperclassmen.
I believe he was also confused and didn’t agree with decisions by Whitt and Hazen to transfer either. I don’t recall what led to Nick Babb’s transfer, but all of these departures have had an impact on what our team is made up of today.
Now, this year we already have another Freshman, Jordan Phillips transferring out of the program.
Their is obviously a problem and the coaches had better start building stronger relationships with these young players in order to stop this trend.

Go Hogs!

Online
Swine Fusion
Posts: 8974
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:52 am

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Swine Fusion » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:04 pm

After the 2017-18 season, the NCAA says 704 Division I players transferred. Yes you read that right. SEVEN HUNDRED FOUR. That's an average of two players per team, in a sport with a scholarship limit of 13. More than 15% of all players. It ain't just MA, folks. Coaches everywhere are dealing with wanderlust.
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

User avatar
Dudley Dawson
Posts: 7123
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Dfarris wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm
I have to eat some crow about this years Hogs probably not missing Darius Hall.
This years team would be much better with Hall on the roster.
As for Coach Anderson being confused about his transfer decision, he might want to get that figured out because this a starting to be a trend with his program and it’s put us in a bad spot this season with basically no upperclassmen.
I believe he was also confused and didn’t agree with decisions by Whitt and Hazen to transfer either. I don’t recall what led to Nick Babb’s transfer, but all of these departures have had an impact on what our team is made up of today.
Now, this year we already have another Freshman, Jordan Phillips transferring out of the program.
Their is obviously a problem and the coaches had better start building stronger relationships with these young players in order to stop this trend.

Go Hogs!
You can't figure out what makes no sense.

Darious Hall stated that his dream was to play for the Razorbacks.

When he transferred I called him to found out what the deal.

We talked on the record and off.

All I say about the off is this was not his decision, but those around him.

As for CJ Jones, the door was opened for him.

Jimmy Whitt's parents didn't think he got to play enough as a freshmen and thought with Macon and Barford coming in, he was't going to get much more time.

It ruined what had been a long friendship, especially between the Whitts and the Watkins.

Nick Babb and his parents thought he should play more.

Hazen wanted go back to home. He averaged 6.4 points and 4.7 rebounds in 18 minutes per game this season for Ball State

The Notorious PIG
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby The Notorious PIG » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Dudley Dawson wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:09 pm
Dfarris wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:44 pm
I have to eat some crow about this years Hogs probably not missing Darius Hall.
This years team would be much better with Hall on the roster.
As for Coach Anderson being confused about his transfer decision, he might want to get that figured out because this a starting to be a trend with his program and it’s put us in a bad spot this season with basically no upperclassmen.
I believe he was also confused and didn’t agree with decisions by Whitt and Hazen to transfer either. I don’t recall what led to Nick Babb’s transfer, but all of these departures have had an impact on what our team is made up of today.
Now, this year we already have another Freshman, Jordan Phillips transferring out of the program.
Their is obviously a problem and the coaches had better start building stronger relationships with these young players in order to stop this trend.

Go Hogs!
You can't figure out what makes no sense.

Darious Hall stated that his dream was to play for the Razorbacks.

When he transferred I called him to found out what the deal.

We talked on the record and off.

All I say about the off is this was not his decision, but those around him.

As for CJ Jones, the door was opened for him.

Jimmy Whitt's parents didn't think he got to play enough as a freshmen and thought with Macon and Barford coming in, he was't going to get much more time.

It ruined what had been a long friendship, especially between the Whitts and Watkins.

Nick Babb and his parents thought he should play more.

Hazen wanted go back to home. He averaged 6.4 points and 4.7 rebounds in 18 minutes per game this season for Ball State
Long friendship between the Whitts and who?

Army Hog
Posts: 6678
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Army Hog » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:11 am

This is the day and age of the "me" crowd.
They all want to take care of me! Parents want their kids to play now. There's never a mention about the team!
While I agree some of the transfers would have had huge impacts especially last season and this season it may be a good thing they left!

User avatar
Dudley Dawson
Posts: 7123
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Anderson still confused by Hall's transfer

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:24 am

The Whitts and the Watkins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests