MA

Free forum for all users.
BULLETT500

MA

Postby BULLETT500 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 pm

Does anyone but me think it is time to stop paying homage to NR and get rid of MA?

EuroHog

Re: MA

Postby EuroHog » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 pm

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his own soul?

StaticHog

Postby StaticHog » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 am

Hunter needs to go get Kelvin from Houston.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:49 am

BULLETT500 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:25 pm
Does anyone but me think it is time to stop paying homage to NR and get rid of MA?
I'm glad that's not my job to make the decision. If it were my decision I wouldn't fire him!
What I would do is
1. Look at the staff and ask him to make changes.
2. Evaluate the roster and talk to him about his plan for roaster management
3. See is there's anything I can do to help him
4. Give him some sort of target to achieve next season.
5. You really can't do much on recruiting but see if your targeting the needs of the team.

Firing CMA won't fix the problems.

Snout_

Postby Snout_ » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am

Army........I would think that's the exact conversation they had last year at the end of the season.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Snout_ wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am
Army........I would think that's the exact conversation they had last year at the end of the season.
No I doubt it. Last year wasn't the year this was supposed to be the year with Perry and Gafford together.
Hall's transfer, Garland never being medically cleared to play and the $$ flip of Perry to Miss St ruined this year. Next year is dependent upon getting some bigs to go along with the youth on the team.

I'd rather be in our spot with our record than some of the others basketball programs waiting on the hammer from the FBI and NCAA.

Keeping players on campus will be critical for CMA. Those players Joe, Jones, Chaney, Sills, Emery-Simpson
And if Gafford comes back!

You don't fire a winning coach. Ask yourself the question who would come here and if you would want them?
CMA didn't need to come to Arkansas he was offered and we needed him and he came!
Maybe it time for basketball to use a few football players to play hoops too!

SilverFox

Postby SilverFox » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:45 pm

EuroHog wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 pm
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his own soul?
And what shall it profit a major university if they hire a high-dollar head coach at an exorbitant salary and watch the team tank anyway? :(

Please note; - - I called no names.)

EuroHog

Postby EuroHog » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:04 pm

For those expecting a continuous year after year improvement in the won-loss record and improvement in the tournament, there are obviously factors at work that can cause a slip backward before moving forward again. Haters know that but jump on it at every opportunity anyway.

Superhog1

Postby Superhog1 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Army Hog wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:49 am
BULLETT500 wrote:
I'm glad that's not my job to make the decision. If it were my decision I wouldn't fire him!
What I would do is
5. You really can't do much on recruiting but see if your targeting the needs of the team.

Here is a scenario for you. Let’s say Billy Donovan’s agent calls HY, and says he is tired of the NBA and wants back in college. If there was an opening at Arkansas he would be interested. Would you turn down interest from Donovan and perhaps give Mike an extension?

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Superhog1 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:48 pm
Army Hog wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:49 am
BULLETT500 wrote:
What I would do is

Here is a scenario for you. Let’s say Billy Donovan’s agent calls HY, and says he is tired of the NBA and wants back in college. If there was an opening at Arkansas he would be interested. Would you turn down interest from Donovan and perhaps give Mike an extension?
I'm not a Billy Donovan fan! We have our coach right now. CMA is the head coach I still have loyalty to him as long as he is the Head Coach.
Do you think Donavan could recruit any better in the toxic recruiting environment filled with pay to play?