Free forum for all users.
Dudley Dawson

Re: Gafford and NBA

Postby Dudley Dawson » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:24 pm

But you are missing the point.

Very few are ready, but it becomes a business decision.

The NBA brass appears higher on Gafford than some of his own team's fans.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm high on Gafford and hope he makes the decision that's best for him.

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:56 am

Best business decisions and models are based on long term success not short term gain.
As I’ve stated if a player is a certain lottery pick then they should go ahead and go get paid and avoid any injury setbacks, but if not a certain lottery pick then stay in college further develop your body and game in order to improve your chances of becoming a certain lottery selection at some point.
A career can either become a long and steady marathon or a 100 yard dash depending on how you choose to run your race.

Go Hogs!

The Notorious PIG

Postby The Notorious PIG » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Dudley Dawson wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:24 pm
But you are missing the point.

Very few are ready, but it becomes a business decision.

The NBA brass appears higher on Gafford than some of his own team's fans.
According to some, no one is ready (and thats mostly true).

They are a lot of the same ppl who brag that they never watch the NBA.

There is a difference in not being a finished product (almost no draftees are) and not having some skills and traits that NBA GMs love.

EuroHog

Postby EuroHog » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:46 pm

If he keeps on getting beat on he's gone for sure.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 am

Gafford needs to continue to hit the weight room. As far as getting knock down at some point refs need to blow the whistle. They are quicker to call a foul on Gafford and let the opponents beat on him down low.
He has all the talent in the world. I'd like to see him take a few more mid range shots every once in a while. We all know he can dunk and jump out of the gym. What the hogs miss is another big on the court with him that can demand attention just like he does. Also if Harris can start knocking down his shot that will keep our opponents honest on defense.
I think he will declare for the draft after this season.

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am

Latest NBA draft lottery projections and none of them have Daniel Gafford as a lottery pick at this time.
A couple have him projected as #16 while others have him as #22-23 still a first round pick.
He does have an opportunity with a good showing during the conference season to possibly improve his draft status, but he could also possibly not show enough to NBA scouts and fall out of the first round.
Time will tell and we will all find out together.
I wish nothing but the best for this very talented young man and hope he will make the best career decision for him and his family because this will be a life changing decision which you don’t get do overs.

Go Hogs!

Swine Fusion

Postby Swine Fusion » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Dfarris wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am
Latest NBA draft lottery projections and none of them have Daniel Gafford as a lottery pick at this time.
A couple have him projected as #16 while others have him as #22-23 still a first round pick.
He does have an opportunity with a good showing during the conference season to possibly improve his draft status, but he could also possibly not show enough to NBA scouts and fall out of the first round.
I wish nothing but the best for this very talented young man and hope he will make the best career decision for him and his family because this will be a life changing decision which you don’t get do overs.

Go Hogs!
It's highly unlikely that he falls from 16 out of the first round. Unless he gets hurt, which is the whole point of coming out early anyway: If you're going to risk injury, risk it once you already have the contract signed and the guaranteed paychecks coming.
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

Dudley Dawson

Postby Dudley Dawson » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Dfarris wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:28 am

Go Hogs!
I would go at 16-22.

It does seem like you are a Razorback fan who might be thinking about not what is best for Daniel, but what is best for Arkansas.

I would love to cover him for a third college season, but I don't see that happening right now.

Cmcclain

Postby Cmcclain » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 pm

He is very unimpressive to watch play in an average conference and against average competition. Repeatedly