Free forum for all users.
jcerzb1

MA needs to go after JUCO's like Nick Marshall, Antun Maricevic, and Ivan Aurrecoechea

Postby jcerzb1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm

I doubt Gafford will be drafted in the 1st round after today, he's a 3-4 yr project in the NBA, but either way, enough is enough. Get someone who can coach big men, and get some big men, or quit!!!

hogreality

Re: MA needs to go after JUCO's like Nick Marshall, Antun Maricevic, and Ivan Aurrecoechea

Postby hogreality » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 pm

We should keep Mikey, he’s done a great job for us, we made the second weekend once in 7 years
Last edited by hogreality on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeneralHog

Re: MA needs to go after JUCO's like Nick Marshall, Antun Maricevic, and Ivan Aurrecoechea

Postby GeneralHog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:30 pm

jcerzb1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm
I doubt Gafford will be drafted in the 1st round after today, he's a 3-4 yr project in the NBA, but either way, enough is enough. Get someone who can coach big men, and get some big men, or quit!!!
Portis, Kingsley, and Gafford are all men who are/were very good big men for us. Everybody and their dog talked about the progress of Gafford. So, I don't see your point having any merit.

hogreality

Postby hogreality » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Once again, we didn't make the second game. Go ahead and keep defending that.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:42 pm

hogreality wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:38 pm
This was the first time, but let your ignorance lead you like always.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:42 pm
hogreality wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:38 pm
This was the first time, but let your ignorance lead you like always.
It's nice to see the trolls back! Maybe folks need a little humility. In any game someone is going to get beat. Get off MA's back and crawl under a rock! The hogs are in better shape than they have been in 25 years. We have a talented class coming in and that talent is rated higher than the ones leaving.
Theres no reason to bash the players that are leaving. Let it go. It's baseball season and I'll be looking forward to seeing the incoming class take the court.

hogreality

Postby hogreality » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:44 pm

One and done. Get used to it. Some years we won’t even get the one.

jcerzb1

Postby jcerzb1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:51 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:30 pm
jcerzb1 wrote:
Portis, Kingsley, and Gafford are all men who are/were very good big men for us. Everybody and their dog talked about the progress of Gafford. So, I don't see your point having any merit.
Gafford was good at the end of the yr, Kingsley started off slow, and had a decent JR and SR yr, and Portis was obviously a solid player. (((I'm talking about Rebounding numbskull)) I'm talking about a 2-3 person rotation in the POST, that they have to cover at the 10 ft range, and the POST. That rebounding isn't a figment of my imagination, it's a continual problem. I was mad earlier, and said some things I didn't mean, i like mike, and think he's a good coach, but he's not succeeding on the glass, whether you choose to admit it or not, may be the problem.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 pm

jcerzb1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:51 pm
GeneralHog wrote:
jcerzb1 wrote:
Gafford was good at the end of the yr, Kingsley started off slow, and had a decent JR and SR yr, and Portis was obviously a solid player. (((I'm talking about Rebounding numbskull)) I'm talking about a 2-3 person rotation in the POST, that they have to cover at the 10 ft range, and the POST. That rebounding isn't a figment of my imagination, it's a continual problem. I was mad earlier, and said some things I didn't mean, i like mike, and think he's a good coach, but he's not succeeding on the glass, whether you choose to admit it or not, may be the problem.
You didn't say just rebounding, so you can knock off the insults. And all you proved by you comments on our bigs was that they DID progress with Anderson and his staff. And Portis solid? SEC player of the year and first round draft pick is more than solid.

jcerzb1

Postby jcerzb1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:35 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 pm
jcerzb1 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:51 pm
GeneralHog wrote:

You didn't say just rebounding, so you can knock off the insults. And all you proved by you comments on our bigs was that they DID progress with Anderson and his staff. And Portis solid? SEC player of the year and first round draft pick is more than solid.
I didn't say that scoring is important, and basketball is played indoors either, because it kind of speaks for its self. We barely beat Wofford with BP, after being out rebounded, and we did lose to NC after being out rebounded with BP. And last yr we were dominated by Seton Hall on the glass, and managed to win, and were dominated by NC on the glass and our luck ran out.

Dude, the bottom line is this, if you can't see a consistent problem with rebounding, then your rose colored glasses are cracked. And yes, to speak the obvious, part of the development of big men, is the development of rebounding.