Free forum for all users.
Hogbacker
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Arkansas vs. Mizzou

Postby Hogbacker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 am

GeneralHog wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:47 am
Hogbacker wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm
GeneralHog wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 pm


You show me a game where Arkansas shot over half of what the other team shot in FT's, then we can talk, but I can't recall that happening this year. And it's not complaining, but as you say explaining the situation. And Arkansas' senior night, you show me where they were consistently calling one thing on Auburn but not Arkansas, then I'll call it out, but that didn't happen.
It’s pretty simple we foul more than the opposition, if you want the foul calls to be even then we need to stop fouling so much. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy by the Refs to call more fouls on Arkansas do you ? If so file a complaint and show them on film where this is taking place, if it’s so obvious you should have a rock solid case. According to NCAA statistics web site, under the fewest fouls we are ranked #315, which is the worst in the Sec and 35 places from dead last in the nation. We are ranked #265 in the nation in scoring defense and next to last in the Sec. Had never looked these up before tonight and was very surprised, but a poor defense fouls more it seems. To end this on a high note we were ranked #31 in fewest turnovers and that’s one of the reasons we have won as many games as we have to this point. WPS
Because of our aggressive style of defense, I know we tend to foul more and I'm not suggesting there's some conspiracy. BUT, I believe we as a board had this discussion months ago, that referees seem to call games based on reputation, rather than actual fouls. When you are looking for SPECIFIC fouls from specific teams instead of just calling what you see, that's a problem. I've also debated to death my hatred of the hand checking rule and halo rule. Both are subjective to the individual and have no real objective measure to judge them, as we saw in the second half of the Mizzou game Saturday.
Above you wrote the refs “seems” to call fouls based on reputations. Things are not always the way it “seem” as we all know, I’m not having this discussion to be a thorn in your side, but we have to be objective as you said this was discussed on the board months ago and came away with this conclusion that refs call fouls on the reputation of our team. How did we get this reputation to start with and I think if you take a poll and use only Arkansas fans it’s going to be biased. They say you have to admit you have a problem before you can fix it and IMHO we have a problem with our defense that leads us into fouling. Hope you have a good day General, good morning. WPS

Gay
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Arkansas vs. Mizzou

Postby Gay » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Hogbacker wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:46 am
It’s pretty simple we foul more than the opposition, if you want the foul calls to be even then we need to stop fouling so much. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy by the Refs to call more fouls on Arkansas do you ? If so file a complaint and show them on film where this is taking place, if it’s so obvious you should have a rock solid case. According to NCAA statistics web site, under the fewest fouls we are ranked #315, which is the worst in the Sec and 35 places from dead last in the nation. We are ranked #265 in the nation in scoring defense and next to last in the Sec. Had never looked these up before tonight and was very surprised, but a poor defense fouls more it seems. To end this on a high note we were ranked #31 in fewest turnovers and that’s one of the reasons we have won as many games as we have to this point. WPS
Arkansas has the same vote as each of the other SEC teams, so I'm sure there is no conspiracy against Arkansas. There might be if Arkansas was winning the conference most every year. However, we in the middle of the SEC so the other teams are not going to use their votes to attack Arkansas.

GeneralHog
Posts: 1017
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: Arkansas vs. Mizzou

Postby GeneralHog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 am


Hogbacker
Posts: 866
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Arkansas vs. Mizzou

Postby Hogbacker » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:10 am
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 ... s-too-man/

Good read.
I agree with Wally 100%,the fastest 40 is not as effective as it has been in the past since the game has been slowed down due to all the stoppages. When you play poor defense and foul often you become your own worst enemy because you are slowing down the very game you wanted to be played fast. WPS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests