Free forum for all users.
GeneralHog

Arkansas vs. Kentucky

Postby GeneralHog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am

This will be a tough game but a very winnable game.

Kentucky is big and athletic.

Their excellent rebounders and shoot a very good FG%.

Their downside is they are easily frustrated and thrown off their game by aggressive teams. And even Calipari said it, they don't trust one another. They all want to get to the NBA and want to get NBA numbers to get drafted. They are a collection of very good players on a team, but they aren't a team.

We have got to take away second chance baskets. They live and die by crashing the boards and getting second chance shots. We have got to take those away.

Gafford is going to need help down low against Kentucky, so our 4's have got to get in there and help when he get double teamed. Everybody else just needs to keep building on what their already doing and fans need to show up in force like they've been doing.

We win this game and we are almost a guaranteed lock to make the NCAA tournament. This is a big one.

Hogbacker

Re: Arkansas vs. Kentucky

Postby Hogbacker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 am

Kentucky is like s shark smelling blood in the water and if we spot them 10 or 12 points early we will be in deep trouble quick. We have to have a big game from Thomas,Hall,Osabuohien and Thompson on the boards and defense and by not taking poor shots. Our scoring will take care of its self, but we can’t let the Cats get out and start running and shooting lay ups. There ‘will’ be a lot of fouls called in this game and very well could be won from the line and the team with the least amount of fouled out starters should prevail, but as I said earlier we have to keep the game close the first 8 minutes and get settled in to our game. WPS

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am

New brackets have come out and Jerry Palm has us as an 8 seed, which is where I thought we'd be(I was thinking 9 by numbers). Joe Lunardi has us a 10 seed, moving up only 1 spot. I think that's low based on the numbers but still solidly in the tourney at the moment.

What frustrates me with Lunardi is he's still giving certain teams a pass eventhough they are playing like garbage right now. He still has Florida a 6 seed, which is where he had them last week before they lost to RPI 66 Georgia. Florida has a 63 RPI and 61 BPI and he has them a 6 seed. We have a 25 RPI and 45 BPI, yet we are a 10 seed. I don't know what math he's using, but it sucks.

bakedhog19741

Postby bakedhog19741 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 am
New brackets have come out and Jerry Palm has us as an 8 seed, which is where I thought we'd be(I was thinking 9 by numbers). Joe Lunardi has us a 10 seed, moving up only 1 spot. I think that's low based on the numbers but still solidly in the tourney at the moment.

What frustrates me with Lunardi is he's still giving certain teams a pass eventhough they are playing like garbage right now. He still has Florida a 6 seed, which is where he had them last week before they lost to RPI 66 Georgia. Florida has a 63 RPI and 61 BPI and he has them a 6 seed. We have a 25 RPI and 45 BPI, yet we are a 10 seed. I don't know what math he's using, but it sucks.

Bracket Matrix that Swine talks about has 77 total brackets figured. They have both of us (AR and FL) listed as an 8 seed, but AR is listed on all 77 brackets, FL is listed on 75.

Here is the list:

http://bracketmatrix.com

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm

bakedhog19741 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm
GeneralHog wrote:

Bracket Matrix that Swine talks about has 77 total brackets figured. They have both of us (AR and FL) listed as an 8 seed, but AR is listed on all 77 brackets, FL is listed on 75.

Here is the list:

Lunardi left the hogs a 10 seed but moved them from Dallas to Detroit. Swine had mentioned it's the number of Q-1 wins where we are coming up short. Minnesota dropping like a bad habit!
In my opinion I think the hogs loss at Houston is the game they needed as it has turned out!
Stop Knox from scoring and we beat Kentucky. They struggle from the arc so they will attack the rim. We should be able to out rebound them in the Bud. I look at it this way we have our rebounded our last 4 opponents and by beating A&M on the glass that's the best rebounding team in the SEC! I think the hogs beat Kentucky by 20!

bakedhog19741

Postby bakedhog19741 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Army Hog wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:55 pm
bakedhog19741 wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:

Here is the list:

Lunardi left the hogs a 10 seed but moved them from Dallas to Detroit. Swine had mentioned it's the number of Q-1 wins where we are coming up short. Minnesota dropping like a bad habit!
In my opinion I think the hogs loss at Houston is the game they needed as it has turned out!
Stop Knox from scoring and we beat Kentucky. They struggle from the arc so they will attack the rim. We should be able to out rebound them in the Bud. I look at it this way we have our rebounded our last 4 opponents and by beating A&M on the glass that's the best rebounding team in the SEC! I think the hogs beat Kentucky by 20!

I think we beat KY, but don’t let our performance against aTm affect your thinking. Or should I say I hope AR isn’t thinking that way. Underestimate KY and rebounding and they’ll kill us. Have to attack them just like we did against aTm.

As for the quadrants. One of the AR media guys posted quadrant wins and losses on Twitter. We are undefeated in Quadrants 3 & 4. That’s the “bad” loss area. We also have more losses than wins in quadrants 1 & 2. Not necessarily a good thing, but these last four games can completely change the outcome of Quadrant 1 & 2. I believe if we win all four, they’ll all be considered Quadrant 1 wins.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:56 pm

bakedhog19741 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm
Army Hog wrote:
bakedhog19741 wrote:

Here is the list:

I think we beat KY, but don’t let our performance against aTm affect your thinking. Or should I say I hope AR isn’t thinking that way. Underestimate KY and rebounding and they’ll kill us. Have to attack them just like we did against aTm.

As for the quadrants. One of the AR media guys posted quadrant wins and losses on Twitter. We are undefeated in Quadrants 3 & 4. That’s the “bad” loss area. We also have more losses than wins in quadrants 1 & 2. Not necessarily a good thing, but these last four games can completely change the outcome of Quadrant 1 & 2. I believe if we win all four, they’ll all be considered Quadrant 1 wins.
I think your right about these last 4 games!
All 4 would be Q-1 wins. I just hate Kentucky so bad that it hurts to give them a game. The hogs backed themselves in a little hole in the conference schedule! The
2 losses to LSU and the one to Moo U.
What's so crazy is if the hogs can win these last 4 games it's possible to actually win the conference race. But for sure the 2 or 3 spot. I just want the hogs to beat Kentucky tomorrow.

Swine Fusion

Postby Swine Fusion » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm

bakedhog19741 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm
Army Hog wrote:
bakedhog19741 wrote:

Here is the list:

Correct. They're all Quadrant 1.
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Anybody actually going to the game?

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Anybody actually going to the game?
I'm babysitting and watching at home while the rest of the crowd can go. They left about 1. Granpa duties are a lot of fun. They know the hog call. We will have popcorn and ice cream if they eat well at dinner!