Free forum for all users.
hogred

Re: Again, U of A, Fayetteville

Postby hogred » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:53 am

Interesting observation. Any idea as to whom this one person is? Does this mean maybe something can be done to remedy this situation?

swinebeforepearls

Postby swinebeforepearls » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 am

A question for you in-staters who listen regularly to the radio talk shows...has this subject ever come up on there, and if so, what was the upshot?? Just curious, since I canceled my ADG on-line subscription over this idiocy.

Snout_

Postby Snout_ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Swine.........I have heard numerous callers complain over the last year. Clay and Dudley make it clear that they do not use the phrase and don't like it. The irony here is that one company (WEHCO Media) owns Hawgsiilustated, Dem-Gaz and Whole Hog Sports. So one subsidiary irritates Hog fans and the other one looks like the hero. They've come up with a scheme to increase subscriptions by causing a controversy. I dropped my Dem / Gaz last summer. I've been a Hawgsillustrated subscriber since inception. Not sure what I'll do at renewal.

swinebeforepearls

Postby swinebeforepearls » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks, Snout. V-e-r-y interesting.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm

Tuschawg

Postby Tuschawg » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Richard Davenport wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 pm
Uh, what does the word "That" refer to in that tweet-University of Arkansas, Fayetteville or University of Arkansas?

luskimo

Postby luskimo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 pm

selective reading..the state legislature enacted the law (see an above post)there the state lelgislature legally named the university the University of Arkansas and designated the other branches to be known as Arkansas-Little Rock;Arkansas-Pine Bluff;etc.the trustees can not override state law..so even thro Richard Davenport says "talk to the trustees"the trutee can not over ride the state lagislature....simple civics....

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:23 pm

luskimo wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 pm
selective reading..the state legislature enacted the law (see an above post)there the state lelgislature legally named the university the University of Arkansas and designated the other branches to be known as Arkansas-Little Rock;Arkansas-Pine Bluff;etc.the trustees can not override state law..so even thro Richard Davenport says "talk to the trustees"the trutee can not over ride the state lagislature....simple civics....
Feel free to tell Danny on Twitter.

Snout_

Postby Snout_ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 am

Richard, very surprising. Until recently, your comments were simply "not our decision, above our heads" etc. Now you feel it's necessary to dig your heels in and act as though the sports writers felt it was necessary to use the term for legal purposes. No one in the country uses the expression while talking about the Hogs except you guys. There are occasions where it's useful for clarity. But every single article or editorial in the paper about the Hogs now refers to them at least once as UAF. Absurd.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:02 am

Snout_ wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 am
Richard, very surprising. Until recently, your comments were simply "not our decision, above our heads" etc. Now you feel it's necessary to dig your heels in and act as though the sports writers felt it was necessary to use the term for legal purposes. No one in the country uses the expression while talking about the Hogs except you guys. There are occasions where it's useful for clarity. But every single article or editorial in the paper about the Hogs now refers to them at least once as UAF. Absurd.
Because the ADG said and it's backed up that the UAF is the legal name. I'm not saying I agree or disagree. I'm just doing what I'm told.