Free forum for all users.
Rknsaw

Again, U of A, Fayetteville

Postby Rknsaw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 am

Maybe if we continuously inundate the message board with new topics on this subject we'll get a response.

GeneralHog

Re: Again, U of A, Fayetteville

Postby GeneralHog » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:51 pm

I think this topic is pretty well established as why this is happening.

Snout_

Postby Snout_ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am

To run subscribers off? To irritate thousands of people? To force Razorback fans to an alternate site? What's the reason General?

swinebeforepearls

Postby swinebeforepearls » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am

It's been continuously inundated for months, so far to no effect. We know it's not Clay or anyone at WHS; it's coming from the ADG. They, whoever "they" are, obviously don't give a big rat about the likes or dislikes of their Razorback audience, and don't care to explain or even identify themselves. Silence speaks volumes sometimes.

pghawg1

Postby pghawg1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 am

Wonder why Wally, in his article in this mornings paper didn't say A S U - Jonesboro. Ark-state wants equal billing with the HOGS then all of the articles , written about them should be A S U - Jonesboro, in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette,Little Rock,Lowell.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm

swinebeforepearls wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am
It's been continuously inundated for months, so far to no effect. We know it's not Clay or anyone at WHS; it's coming from the ADG. They, whoever "they" are, obviously don't give a big rat about the likes or dislikes of their Razorback audience, and don't care to explain or even identify themselves. Silence speaks volumes sometimes.
You can ask the board of trustees to change the name. If that happens the ADG will change the policy.

DawgTownHog

Postby DawgTownHog » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Richard Davenport wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:49 pm
swinebeforepearls wrote:
You can ask the board of trustees to change the name. If that happens the ADG will change the policy.

Whatever, show me where the University of Arkansas refers to itself as The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm

DawgTownHog wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm
Richard Davenport wrote:
swinebeforepearls wrote:

Whatever, show me where the University of Arkansas refers to itself as The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
That's the official name.

http://www.uasys.edu/campuses-affiliates/

StillGregHog

Postby StillGregHog » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 pm

Richard Davenport wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm
DawgTownHog wrote:
Richard Davenport wrote:

I realize this is beating a dead horse. But really? Google "University of Arkansas." Go to the "official web site", NO reference to "University of Arkansas, Fayetteville" that I can find. Not one. Just "University of Arkansas." Yes, for the system web site they do need to note that it is in "Fayetteville" not the school in Little Rock or Fort Smith, etc.

I get that this wasn't your idea or Clay's, or DD's, etc. But to see you defend this STUPID policy is shocking and, well, disappointing. They don't use the same policy for ASU by the way, even though there are several "Arkansas State University's" other than the one in Jonesboro (even under the ASU System's web site, they list in under "Arkansas State University" both the school in Jonesboro and "ASU-Paragould" and of course there are other ASU's as well, Beebe, Newport, Mountain Home to name the ones off the top of my head.

By the way, Coach Anderson's name is NOT "Mike Anderson" it is "Michael Andre Anderson." So I guess the ADG's policy would require, on first use in a story, that name, right? Frank Broyles name was NOT "Frank Broyles" but "John Franklin Broyles." If you are going to get all "legalistic" about it, lets do it right.

Richard Davenport

Postby Richard Davenport » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:57 pm

StillGregHog wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 pm
Richard Davenport wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:25 pm
DawgTownHog wrote:

I realize this is beating a dead horse. But really? Google "University of Arkansas." Go to the "official web site", NO reference to "University of Arkansas, Fayetteville" that I can find. Not one. Just "University of Arkansas." Yes, for the system web site they do need to note that it is in "Fayetteville" not the school in Little Rock or Fort Smith, etc.

I get that this wasn't your idea or Clay's, or DD's, etc. But to see you defend this STUPID policy is shocking and, well, disappointing. They don't use the same policy for ASU by the way, even though there are several "Arkansas State University's" other than the one in Jonesboro (even under the ASU System's web site, they list in under "Arkansas State University" both the school in Jonesboro and "ASU-Paragould" and of course there are other ASU's as well, Beebe, Newport, Mountain Home to name the ones off the top of my head.

By the way, Coach Anderson's name is NOT "Mike Anderson" it is "Michael Andre Anderson." So I guess the ADG's policy would require, on first use in a story, that name, right? Frank Broyles name was NOT "Frank Broyles" but "John Franklin Broyles." If you are going to get all "legalistic" about it, lets do it right.
Nothing more official than the board of trustees. They have the ability to change it.