Free forum for all users.
Dfarris
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Dfarris » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Baked Hog,

So, are you saying you truly believe that these Hogs have a good chance of finishing this conference schedule 7-1?
Have you seriously been watching the same team the rest of us with the exception of “General” has been watching this season?
OMG, I would absolutely love it if that happened, but I don’t objectively see how that will be the case.

Go Hogs!

bakedhog19741
Posts: 4134
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby bakedhog19741 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Dfarris wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:20 pm
Baked Hog,

So, are you saying you truly believe that these Hogs have a good chance of finishing this conference schedule 7-1?
Have you seriously been watching the same team the rest of us with the exception of “General” has been watching this season?
OMG, I would absolutely love it if that happened, but I don’t objectively see how that will be the case.

Go Hogs!


So, guarantee we go 2-6, which is what you’ve said, bet they end up closer to 7-1.

Dfarris
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Dfarris » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 pm

OMG, read the posts, I’ve said repeatedly that I think we probably go 4-4 the rest of the way, anything better I would be surprised with, but happy about.
Next week will tell us a lot if happen to drop either one of these home games then it’s going to be difficult the rest of the way.
There’s just no way any rational observer that has watched this team would look at what they have left on the schedule and predict 6-2 or better.
For goodness sakes they’ve only won one true road game all season so somehow magically they grow up and learn how to do it, I don’t think so. They might pick up one more road win and beat Vandy, South Carolina and Texas A&M at BWA.
Auburn will be playing for a 1 seed so they won’t be sleep walking when they come to BWA, Kentucky has a few issues, but dare I say not as many as we have, and they have much more size and talent than do the Hogs, however we have gotten them a few times recently. Missouri at their place, I just don’t see us winning in that road environment.

Go Hogs!

bakedhog19741
Posts: 4134
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby bakedhog19741 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Dfarris wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:57 pm
OMG, read the posts, I’ve said repeatedly that I think we probably go 4-4 the rest of the way, anything better I would be surprised with, but happy about.
Next week will tell us a lot if happen to drop either one of these home games then it’s going to be difficult the rest of the way.
There’s just no way any rational observer that has watched this team would look at what they have left on the schedule and predict 6-2 or better.
For goodness sakes they’ve only won one true road game all season so somehow magically they grow up and learn how to do it, I don’t think so. They might pick up one more road win and beat Vandy, South Carolina and Texas A&M at BWA.
Auburn will be playing for a 1 seed so they won’t be sleep walking when they come to BWA, Kentucky has a few issues, but dare I say not as many as we have, and they have much more size and talent than do the Hogs, however we have gotten them a few times recently. Missouri at their place, I just don’t see us winning in that road environment.

Go Hogs!


You said that you expect us to win against Vandy and SCe, then don’t see another win.

Dfarris
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Dfarris » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 pm

OMG, look at my posts I’ve stated several times 4-4 is possible, don’t expect anything better.

That’s all I have to say about that!

Go Hogs!

Gay
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 am

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Gay » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

Anderson has had 7 years. He is not going to recruit any better and he is not going to coach any better. Therefore, what you see is what we will continue to have.

Lovemyhawgsforever
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Lovemyhawgsforever » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Wrong sir. Anderson's incoming class is rated 17th in the nation and 2nd in the SEC. Most of the incoming players have been rated 4-stars by one recruiting service or another. Just pointing that out for all you who bemoan our lack of star power in recruiting. The talent will be seriously upgraded and our future guards will poses the height they need on the perimeter. I've been critical of Anderson's coaching and his stubbornness in not adapting to a style of play that would better suit his current players. Less pressing and more switching defenses to keep the opposing teams off guard I think would be beneficial. More driving the lane would also help. For those of you on the "Anderson must go." bandwagon, we just paid out an ungodly amount to the former football staff and the boosters are in no mood to dish out even more millions to get rid of Anderson and hire a coach a step above Anderson. His current recruiting class and the one after will guarantee Anderson will get at least 2 more years. If after that time we are still floundering and barely making the Big Dance, I may also be inclined to replace Anderson. Until then, just whinning after every loss and disappearing after every win is a waste of time.

bakedhog19741
Posts: 4134
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby bakedhog19741 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:19 pm

:)
Lovemyhawgsforever wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Wrong sir. Anderson's incoming class is rated 17th in the nation and 2nd in the SEC. Most of the incoming players have been rated 4-stars by one recruiting service or another. Just pointing that out for all you who bemoan our lack of star power in recruiting. The talent will be seriously upgraded and our future guards will poses the height they need on the perimeter. I've been critical of Anderson's coaching and his stubbornness in not adapting to a style of play that would better suit his current players. Less pressing and more switching defenses to keep the opposing teams off guard I think would be beneficial. More driving the lane would also help. For those of you on the "Anderson must go." bandwagon, we just paid out an ungodly amount to the former football staff and the boosters are in no mood to dish out even more millions to get rid of Anderson and hire a coach a step above Anderson. His current recruiting class and the one after will guarantee Anderson will get at least 2 more years. If after that time we are still floundering and barely making the Big Dance, I may also be inclined to replace Anderson. Until then, just whinning after every loss and disappearing after every win is a waste of time.
Ding Ding Ding.....Someone gets it

GeneralHog
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby GeneralHog » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Lovemyhawgsforever wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:14 pm
Wrong sir. Anderson's incoming class is rated 17th in the nation and 2nd in the SEC. Most of the incoming players have been rated 4-stars by one recruiting service or another. Just pointing that out for all you who bemoan our lack of star power in recruiting. The talent will be seriously upgraded and our future guards will poses the height they need on the perimeter. I've been critical of Anderson's coaching and his stubbornness in not adapting to a style of play that would better suit his current players. Less pressing and more switching defenses to keep the opposing teams off guard I think would be beneficial. More driving the lane would also help. For those of you on the "Anderson must go." bandwagon, we just paid out an ungodly amount to the former football staff and the boosters are in no mood to dish out even more millions to get rid of Anderson and hire a coach a step above Anderson. His current recruiting class and the one after will guarantee Anderson will get at least 2 more years. If after that time we are still floundering and barely making the Big Dance, I may also be inclined to replace Anderson. Until then, just whinning after every loss and disappearing after every win is a waste of time.
Yep. I can understand the frustration, I'm frustrated too, but there are a lot of details some fans always leave out when discussing this team. Firing a coach isn't always the best course of action, but that seems to be all some can come up with.

Gay
Posts: 605
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 am

Re: I've changed my mind on Mike Anderson (Sadly)

Postby Gay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:43 pm

Anderson is a good coach. He is a step down from Sutton and Nolan but he is in the top half of the SEC.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Roger231 and 44 guests