Free forum for all users.
Online
GeneralHog
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby GeneralHog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Rknsaw wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm
The truth is, Anderson gets out coached on a regular basis. We have some of the best talent in the country. When we play teams that play our style, we usually win because we have more talent. But when we play a team with lock down defense or a half court game, we have a hard winning even against inferior talent. We get out coached! This team plays entitled,lazy and without enthusiasm. That's on the coach. We seem to go out there knowing we are the better team with no sense of urgency because our talent will get us through. That's on the coach! I hate watching all of these kids with talent go to waste.with a sound coach we might have one loss. Let's not waste these kids I feel sorry for them because they have no direction. Time for a coaching change! No more wasted players and embarrassing coaching.
Prove it! I want specific examples(systems/coaching applications). All I read is the same old drivel and yet I see almost no good examples of this point.

reddiehog
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby reddiehog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 pm

General prove your point!!!! Tell the Hogs what they need to do to start winning again. Better than that, why don't you go help Mike get this team back on track. We would all appreciate your help.

Marcm
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby Marcm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm

GeneralHog wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 am
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a staunch Anderson supporter, and I still am. But last night was unacceptable. I can accept losing to a better team, but Arkansas just handed that game over to LSU. LSU's not a bad team, but we made them look like the 92 Dream Team last night.

Plain and simple from what I saw, we simply quit a few minutes into the game. Yeah, we still played, but we were just going through the motions and had no desire to win.

I thought Anderson made some bad substitutions last night. Just when we started to make a little run and close the gap a little, he pulled the 3 guys responsible for the run and it all went south.

This was one of the rare home games I couldn't attend, and I'm glad I didn't. There's still plenty of season left, but if our boys keep playing like this, then the season could very well be over in the next couple of weeks.
I was there, and I agree with all you said, the officiating was terrible!!! They missed at least 6 walks on LSU that were obvious, called touchy fouls on us. I want blame the refs for the game, but it had been a equal called game I think with the run we had in the 2nd we might have played harder and believed they had a shot. First game I have attended in 20 years. With the loss driving back home 3 hours in the fog and rain was tough!! On another note I noticed why in the heck was Bailey taking so many shots to start off the game. He’s not a shooter.

Online
GeneralHog
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby GeneralHog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:40 pm

reddiehog wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 pm
General prove your point!!!! Tell the Hogs what they need to do to start winning again. Better than that, why don't you go help Mike get this team back on track. We would all appreciate your help.
I started a whole thread about my opinion and what I've seen the last couple of games. Feel free to reply yourself and I won't argue with you.

Online
GeneralHog
Posts: 2096
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:04 am

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby GeneralHog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Marcm wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm
GeneralHog wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 am
Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a staunch Anderson supporter, and I still am. But last night was unacceptable. I can accept losing to a better team, but Arkansas just handed that game over to LSU. LSU's not a bad team, but we made them look like the 92 Dream Team last night.

Plain and simple from what I saw, we simply quit a few minutes into the game. Yeah, we still played, but we were just going through the motions and had no desire to win.

I thought Anderson made some bad substitutions last night. Just when we started to make a little run and close the gap a little, he pulled the 3 guys responsible for the run and it all went south.

This was one of the rare home games I couldn't attend, and I'm glad I didn't. There's still plenty of season left, but if our boys keep playing like this, then the season could very well be over in the next couple of weeks.
I was there, and I agree with all you said, the officiating was terrible!!! They missed at least 6 walks on LSU that were obvious, called touchy fouls on us. I want blame the refs for the game, but it had been a equal called game I think with the run we had in the 2nd we might have played harder and believed they had a shot. First game I have attended in 20 years. With the loss driving back home 3 hours in the fog and rain was tough!! On another note I noticed why in the heck was Bailey taking so many shots to start off the game. He’s not a shooter.
The officiating was bad, but even if it was called on an even plain, we'd still have lost by double digits. I was screaming at my t.v. for our boys to drive the ball. I saw two shots Bailey took where there was a wide open lane and he shot a 12-15 footer instead. I was ready to punch my t.v.

poochpunt
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby poochpunt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Rknsaw wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm
The truth is, Anderson gets out coached on a regular basis. We have some of the best talent in the country. When we play teams that play our style, we usually win because we have more talent. But when we play a team with lock down defense or a half court game, we have a hard winning even against inferior talent. We get out coached! This team plays entitled,lazy and without enthusiasm. That's on the coach. We seem to go out there knowing we are the better team with no sense of urgency because our talent will get us through. That's on the coach! I hate watching all of these kids with talent go to waste.with a sound coach we might have one loss. Let's not waste these kids I feel sorry for them because they have no direction. Time for a coaching change! No more wasted players and embarrassing coaching.
We have three talented players and a bunch of role players. i don't hold out much hope for this season. 7 SEC wins max.

Blu
Posts: 2804
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:37 am

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby Blu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm

poochpunt wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Rknsaw wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:21 pm
The truth is, Anderson gets out coached on a regular basis. We have some of the best talent in the country. When we play teams that play our style, we usually win because we have more talent. But when we play a team with lock down defense or a half court game, we have a hard winning even against inferior talent. We get out coached! This team plays entitled,lazy and without enthusiasm. That's on the coach. We seem to go out there knowing we are the better team with no sense of urgency because our talent will get us through. That's on the coach! I hate watching all of these kids with talent go to waste.with a sound coach we might have one loss. Let's not waste these kids I feel sorry for them because they have no direction. Time for a coaching change! No more wasted players and embarrassing coaching.
We have three talented players and a bunch of role players. i don't hold out much hope for this season. 7 SEC wins max.
I was just reading some of your previous posts. You just said this a couple of months ago.
poochpunt wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 pm
I was a little skeptical after the lackluster performances against DII schools in the exhibition games, but after attending tonight's game to see in person for the first time I have changed my outlook. This is one athletic team and the guard combination of Barford and Macon is dynamite. Usually there's a player or two that struggles, but top to bottom this team is Anderson's best group. Of the three freshman playing I thought Gabe Osabuohien may have been the most solid all around.
So, are they talented or not? You seem to think they are when we're winning and they aren't when we're losing.

Dfarris
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Re: That was one of the ugliest games ever.

Postby Dfarris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

When people started to heap praise upon this current Razorback basketball team and comparing them to the 94/95 team I told them to pump the brakes and proceed with caution.
These teams aren’t configured the same and the glaring differences are at power forward and center. Those 94/95 teams were loaded with men like Corliss, Biley, Stewart, Robinson and Wilson while the 2017/18 team has Gafford, Thompson, Bailey, Cook and Thomas. The current group of forwards and centers are severely undersized compared to that group comprised in the Championship season and not as talented as a group.
This years guards are very good at times, but are expected to score the majority of our points in order to win.
While are guards on that 94/95 team could score, especially Thurman we could always get the ball down low to Big Nasty and count on 20 or more per game.
We also had a true zone buster in Al Dillard, currently our potential zone buster C.J. Jones hasn’t been consistent.
That 94/95 team also had special players like Clint McDaniel and Dwight Stewart that were able to have a tremendous effect on any given game defensively (Clint) and offensively (Dwight).
I think the 94/95 team was a complete team filled with size, speed, skill and desire that could compete playing uptempo and in a half court game equally.
That team could lock you down on defense and that’s a significant difference when comparing the two teams.

As I’ve said many times, when former UNLV star Larry Johnson told coach Richardson that he’d better get himself some men he took it to heart and led to the construction of that 94/95 roster and until Coach Anderson gets that type of roster he will not be able to achieve what his mentor did.

Go Hogs!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 65 guests