Free forum for all users.
Dfarris

Hogs vs Auburn

Postby Dfarris » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Well, Auburn is doing what they’ve done all season shoot the 3 and thus far it’s been going through the basket.
Hogs have done what they’ve done so far this season, struggle.
If Barford and Macon continue to struggle to score in true road games then we won’t win but a couple of SEC games away from BWA.
I’m afraid that they have felt they are an under appreciated elite team and quite frankly they aren’t an elite team. They are a pretty good team that has to play hard every game, cover the 3 point line better, rebound better, limit turnovers and have better shot selection.
I don’t want to hear about how our opponent is just shooting lights out from the 3 like Houston also did, we have to be able to defend the 3 better, especially when you know it a big part of your opponents game like today, that’s lack of preparation.
Hopefully, Auburn’s shot percentage will go down in the 2nd half and we can climb back into this game.
I hate to say it, but if these guys don’t get it going sooner than later this could end up being a disappointing season in the end. If we can’t win more than a couple road games and having some extremely tough home games things could get dicey.

Go Hogs!

oinker

Re: Hogs vs Auburn

Postby oinker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Business as usual....

reddiehog

Postby reddiehog » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Another pitiful performance. They lucked out and beat TN or they might get shut out in the SEC. CMA just don't have his team ready to play. Hogs were beat by a better players and coach tonight. Maybe our new AD will correct another of Long's mistakes and get us a real coach!!!!!!!!

Core5

Postby Core5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:32 pm

Well we were banking on one or two players such as CJ Jones to make that leap from freshman year to replace last season's points production of Dusty Hannahs. That single factor still remains a big key to getting a similar season as last year. Hopefully the switch (and confidence) comes back on for CJ. Til then we have to bank on two freshmen Hall and Gafford from last season's recruiting class to improve enough hopefully by mid season to adequately replace Kingsley's and Hannah's scoring production (26-28 points combined). We haven't established a glue guy or defensive stopper yet as well...someone who could replicate what Watkins provided. CMA is doing all he can do and having to wait for 3 fr & sophs to continue take further steps as this season progresses game by game. m

poochpunt

Postby poochpunt » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Core5 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:32 pm
Well we were banking on one or two players such as CJ Jones to make that leap from freshman year to replace last season's points production of Dusty Hannahs. That single factor still remains a big key to getting a similar season as last year. Hopefully the switch (and confidence) comes back on for CJ. Til then we have to bank on two freshmen Hall and Gafford from last season's recruiting class to improve enough hopefully by mid season to adequately replace Kingsley's and Hannah's scoring production (26-28 points combined). We haven't established a glue guy or defensive stopper yet as well...someone who could replicate what Watkins provided. CMA is doing all he can do and having to wait for 3 fr & sophs to continue take further steps as this season progresses game by game. m
I think you pretty well nailed it. I had predicted a 7-9 SEC record early on based mainly on the fact that other than Barford and Macon our scoring options were questionable this season. The last two games combined we have actually made more FGs than the opponent. Today we were outscored by 21 from 3pt land. C.J. Jones without doubt is critical to add 3pt scoring. Seems like MA is shooting himself in the foot to only give him 3 minutes of court time. I think Jimmy Carter warned that there would be a lot of ups and downs this year. The team has shown flashes of promise and are actually better than I anticipated coming into the season. I anticipate some line up changes will be tried.

Rzbackangler

Postby Rzbackangler » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Hey, it looking more and more that we’re just a mediocre SEC team that will finish 6 or 7 in the conference. ☹️

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Man you people are depressing.

Yes, these last two games suck and it's a hard pill to swallow. But the season is far from over. We've got a very good team and we'll bounce back. Will some of you bandwagon fans also when that happens?

oinker

Postby oinker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:37 pm

When does spring football practice start?

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:47 pm

No bandwagon fan here General, I’m all Hogfan win or lose.
However, I’ve warned fans all season that we have a good team, but they are not elite by any means.
This next week will be very critical to the remainder of the season, they have to be able to win their home games and pick up a couple of road wins eventually in order to get to where they want to be which is in the NCAA Tourney.
They have to play some tough Home games in conference and the OK State game will be a huge game for the Tournament Committee at home really a must win for their resume.
Not looking to get rid of Coach A, he’s doing a good job just doesn’t have all the pieces to the puzzle yet.

Not Bandwagon, just keeping it real.
Go Hogs!

reddiehog

Postby reddiehog » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:13 pm

How long does it take to get all the pieces to the puzzle? I hear that every year. CMA couldn't win the SEC if he had 10 5* players. The guy is not a coach, he's a caretaker!!!! If street ball is working they win, if not they lose. The SEC has a lot of good teams and most I've watched have more talent and are far better coached.