DC

Free forum for all users.
fchog63

Re: DC

Postby fchog63 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm

I must have missed the official announcement. Football scoop says Chavis has brought Ron Cooper with him to Arkansas. When did they make Chavis official?

Swine Fusion

Postby Swine Fusion » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm

fchog63 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:47 pm
I must have missed the official announcement. Football scoop says Chavis has brought Ron Cooper with him to Arkansas. When did they make Chavis official?
You didn't miss anything. Nothing has been announced officially on the staff on either side of the ball, although bits and pieces have leaked out. Most people think the announcements will come out this week. However, Bielema didn't complete his first staff until Jan. 17, so Morris still has 10 days to go before that. Only the impatience has changed.
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.

HogDynasty

Postby HogDynasty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:25 pm

The coaching staff has pretty much been identified. There may be another addition or two. A post over on HV lists the staff.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"
WOOOOOOOOOOO PIG!

Dfarris

Postby Dfarris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Sounds like this DC hire should become official any day now which is good because current players can decide if this is the type of scheme they can see themselves playing in. especially at DL and LB. Recruits that are still out there which surprisingly there are many might be willing to take a look at Arkansas depending on possible early playing time.

When looking at the ESPN Top 300, there are still about a solid dozen from the state of Texas that either haven't signed, committed but didn't sign early or not committed at this time to any program.
I know Coach says he isn't chasing star ratings, but if he could somehow convince a few of these to come to Arkansas that would be a huge boost and possibly set the stage for future recruiting success.
2019 QB rated #1PP has already put the Razorbacks back on his list and we have a great chance to land him due to his family ties to Arkansas.

Go HOGS!

HogDynasty

Postby HogDynasty » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:37 pm

The defensive staff that has been put together are outstanding recruiters. We will see how Arkansas does with these coaches.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"
WOOOOOOOOOOO PIG!

Rknsaw

Postby Rknsaw » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am

You can't have a defensive staff without a defensive coordinator. This is ridiculous. We are already last in conference recruiting. We are in need of some good news, any news!

pghawg1

Postby pghawg1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:09 pm

THE D C has been on the hill since Thursday.

jmetsrule

Postby jmetsrule » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm

With another A&M man coming in Cooper, it seems likely that it's still Chavis.

The only problem is that we're losing precious time here with recruits.

LaHog

Postby LaHog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Let’s all get a grip not gripe, grip...assistant coaches have agents doing what they do, as well as coordinators and more than likely the same agency. Razorback fans will be surprised!
There are so much legal verbiage in contracts sometimes the UofA law firm for sports has had to be careful in full detail not to breach a contract before inviting a new hire to sign the dotted line...for instance, Kirby Smart hired Coach Pittman out from under CBB and Arkansas; Arkansas contract writers were taken to the cleaners thus causing the destruction of the Razorbacks’ offensive line...then Enos’ name came up and immediately CBB had Enos and the rest of his coaches to sign off on a clause amended in their contracts...they could not entertain offers from within the SEC...thus taking us to Chavis, has he been released and if so can he coach at another SEC school without sitting out a period of time...let’s face it, lawyers are good for some things and the sports market is rewarding...

I believe everyone has their own opinion and the right to let it fly...but there is more going on behind the curtain we have the privy of knowing...so get a grip we are about to move to the left lane...

Swine Fusion

Postby Swine Fusion » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 pm

jmetsrule wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:36 pm
With another A&M man coming in Cooper, it seems likely that it's still Chavis.

The only problem is that we're losing precious time here with recruits.
No we aren't. It's a dead period which ends Thursday. Recruits can't visit, we can't visit them. But we can contact recruits, and they can contact us. And just because John Chavis and the rest of the staff haven't been announced, doesn't mean they aren't contacting kids at this very moment.

Edit: And here's my proof from the Twitter feed of recruit Emmit Gooden:
My people skills are just fine; it's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.