Free forum for all users.
LaHog

Re: Chad Morris [Update]

Postby LaHog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:29 pm

All I’ve got to say...WOOO PIG SOOO RAZORBACKS...I’m jacked...something positive...I’ve enjoyed everyone posts and rebuttals or replies...it’s a good day to be a Razorback fan...

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:07 pm

"We like to score and we like to score fast." - Chad Morris

Hop on board Gerry Bohanon. Exciting times, await.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Having lived in Texas for many years, I have heard about Chad Morris for a long time. A couple of buddies from Austin and College Station called yesterday. Both were very impressed by the selection of the new Head Hog.

It will be important to find a salty DC, but Morris sure said all the right things at his presser this morning. His offense is going to be organized chaos at the speed of sound. He knows defense is going to be an important factor to success and coaching for Dabo Swinney against both ACC and SEC teams should underscore the importance. Otherwise, I really liked what Morris had to say and more importantly, current players and new recruits should also be impressed.

"You better have speed. If you don't have it, you're chasing it." - Chad Morris

Woo Pig.

BaumbasticHawg

Postby BaumbasticHawg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 pm

I love the quote from Coach Morris about speed. There is no conference in which that is more true than the SEC.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Gene Chizik goes wholehog on Chad Morris.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan ... ecord-smu/

Well said.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Just passing through, but I think John Chavis would be an outstanding DC, as Dawg has mentioned, elsewhere. Anyone know anything about Chizik from his DC days at Auburn and later, UT? Just curious, really.

Go Hogs.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:24 am

Given the love that Gene Chizik has been showing Chad Morris, I really thought he might be a candidate for DC. I read today that Chizik is staying with ESPN and the SEC network.

Personally, I think John Chavis would be a huge improvement, from what we've seen over the past 5 years.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am

With the comments Gene C. Has made about our hogs I sure don't blame him for staying out of Arkansas. I think he is a jerk! If he's so good why did he get fired at Auburn? Gus will be the next one fired at Auburn and I hope the honeymoon ends next year!
Any defensive coordinantor we get will do a better job than Gene. Think about this our players still on the hill have watched SEC network and heard him trash talk our hogs. Do you actually think any of them would want to play for him! I sure wouldn't.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Army Hog wrote:With the comments Gene C. Has made about our hogs I sure don't blame him for staying out of Arkansas. I think he is a jerk! If he's so good why did he get fired at Auburn? Gus will be the next one fired at Auburn and I hope the honeymoon ends next year!
Any defensive coordinantor we get will do a better job than Gene. Think about this our players still on the hill have watched SEC network and heard him trash talk our hogs. Do you actually think any of them would want to play for him! I sure wouldn't.

I wasn't advocating support toward Chizik, Army. Point well taken though, if he has been badmouthing Razorback football, as you have mentioned. Chavis would be a major step forwarded as DC, in my opinion.

Hogbacker

Postby Hogbacker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Don’t think at this time that there’s anyone available more capable than Chavis, if possible we need to go ahead and pull the trigger if he’s interested. The worst that can happen is that it doesn’t work and if that happens you find someone else and move on, we were promised the best and I don’t see who else CCM could be talking about. WPS