Free forum for all users.
dwp007

Chad Morris [Update]

Postby dwp007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 am

Aside from his reconstruction effort and record at SMU, this guy sounds impressive. Direct pipeline to Texas recruiting and it's hard to argue with what Morris did at Clemson and as a high school coach. Clint Stoerner recently pushed for his hiring, which speaks volumes, in my opinion.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tenne ... tennessee/

Go Hogs.
Last edited by dwp007 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DawgTownHog

Re: Chad Morris

Postby DawgTownHog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 am

dwp007 wrote:Aside from his reconstruction effort and record at SMU, this guy sounds impressive. Direct pipeline to Texas recruiting and it's hard to argue with what Morris did at Clemson and as a high school coach. Clint Stoerner recently pushed for his hiring, which speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Go Hogs.
He apparently impressed the AD staff in his two interviews. I think of the four coaches that apparently are being considered he has the biggest upside.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:46 am

DawgTownHog wrote:
dwp007 wrote:Aside from his reconstruction effort and record at SMU, this guy sounds impressive. Direct pipeline to Texas recruiting and it's hard to argue with what Morris did at Clemson and as a high school coach. Clint Stoerner recently pushed for his hiring, which speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Go Hogs.
He apparently impressed the AD staff in his two interviews. I think of the four coaches that apparently are being considered he has the biggest upside.
I agree, Dawg. Everything I have read about the guy has been positive. Recruits would love his offense and I have a feeling that he learned a little about the importance of playing good defense during his stay at Clemson.

Smashmouth2004

Postby Smashmouth2004 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 am

Would love to have Kiffin or Venables and it’s very possible offers were made and they turned us down. So the chances of hiring a big named coach is out unless you consider if Morris was still OC at Clemson he would be that big name! Having Ark ties is overrated because you basically limit the pool of coaches to choose from. Yurachek needs to go ahead and hire Morris so he has a chance to salvage this years recruiting class!

DawgTownHog

Postby DawgTownHog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 am

Smashmouth2004 wrote:Would love to have Kiffin or Venables and it’s very possible offers were made and they turned us down. So the chances of hiring a big named coach is out unless you consider if Morris was still OC at Clemson he would be that big name! Having Ark ties is overrated because you basically limit the pool of coaches to choose from. Yurachek needs to go ahead and hire Morris so he has a chance to salvage this years recruiting class!
Nailed it.

DawgTownHog

Postby DawgTownHog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

dwp007 wrote:
DawgTownHog wrote:

Go Hogs.
I agree, Dawg. Everything I have read about the guy has been positive. Recruits would love his offense and I have a feeling that he learned a little about the importance of playing good defense during his stay at Clemson.
He has to bring in a big time DC and then go recruit but I have no doubts he will do that.

dwp007

Postby dwp007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 pm

DawgTownHog wrote:
dwp007 wrote:
DawgTownHog wrote:
He has to bring in a big time DC and then go recruit but I have no doubts he will do that.
Spot on, brother.

txhog85

Postby txhog85 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:51 pm

his entire recruiting class of 2017 are from texas. he has focused a lot on east texas, an area i think the hogs need to get back into recruiting heavily. hes sooon to turn 50 so he's not the youngest guy out there but his recruiting ties to texas and his offense really could benefit arkansas if they go with him.

DawgTownHog

Postby DawgTownHog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:56 pm

txhog85 wrote:his entire recruiting class of 2017 are from texas. he has focused a lot on east texas, an area i think the hogs need to get back into recruiting heavily. hes sooon to turn 50 so he's not the youngest guy out there but his recruiting ties to texas and his offense really could benefit arkansas if they go with him.
Agreed.

bakedhog19741

Postby bakedhog19741 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 pm

Go Hogs.

He also sang Gus’ praises.