Free forum for all users.
lrjdeezy501

2 years too late. Are FANS ready to WIN now?

Postby lrjdeezy501 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Told you guys he would run our program in the ground. What do you expect from a guy who loses to Rutgers(twice) loses to Toledo and Texas Tech? It could only get worse and it did. He's never had a record of even .500 here at Arkansas. Give him 5 more years lol

SoArkHog

Re: 2 years too late. Are FANS ready to WIN now?

Postby SoArkHog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 pm

lrjdeezy501 wrote:Told you guys he would run our program in the ground. What do you expect from a guy who loses to Rutgers(twice) loses to Toledo and Texas Tech? It could only get worse and it did. He's never had a record of even .500 here at Arkansas. Give him 5 more years lol

Don't mind your opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts. He was 26-26 going into this very disappointing loss to TCU.

Army Hog

Postby Army Hog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Sometimes I wonder. Everyone is ready to win and wants to win. I'd say the Motorcycle cycle guy shares part of this record you are talking about. I wonder if you would want your kid to play for Motorcycle guy? There's life after football and if your son didn't go to class then where where he end up.
Integrity and setting an example are part of being a football coach. He failed miserably off the field and lied when he got caught.
Nope I don't want to win with Motorcycle guy or anyone like him.
There's winning that happens in life. I want my kids and grandkids to know the difference between right and wrong and I will set a positive example for them to follow. Sometimes the final score doesn't show the complete picture.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm

lrjdeezy501 wrote:Told you guys he would run our program in the ground. What do you expect from a guy who loses to Rutgers(twice) loses to Toledo and Texas Tech? It could only get worse and it did. He's never had a record of even .500 here at Arkansas. Give him 5 more years lol

Yes, because before he got here we were tearing up the college football world.

Plow80

Postby Plow80 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

GeneralHog wrote:

You ever watch a Bobby Petrino team? Sure made me excited about the future.

Dubs42

Postby Dubs42 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:44 pm

If I was AD, I'd get all the top boosters together and ask them if their ready to finally be a contender?

Then I'd go give Chip Kelly 5 years/45 Million.

Seem like too much? It'll be a discount by Year 3

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 am

Plow80 wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:

So two years equates a perennial power? Look, I'm not happy with what happened anymore than any other fan, but throwing out ridiculous claims isn't going to help the situation.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 am

Dubs42 wrote:If I was AD, I'd get all the top boosters together and ask them if their ready to finally be a contender?

Then I'd go give Chip Kelly 5 years/45 Million.

Seem like too much? It'll be a discount by Year 3

So our boosters up till this point haven't wanted us to be a contender? And giving Chip Kelly 9 million a year doesn't guarantee we'll be a contender by year 3.

scootriteby

Postby scootriteby » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:08 am

GeneralHog wrote:
Plow80 wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:

So two years equates a perennial power? Look, I'm not happy with what happened anymore than any other fan, but throwing out ridiculous claims isn't going to help the situation.

You're the one throwing out ridiculous stuff. No where in his two sentence statement did he say anything about a perennial power. He just stated he was excited about the future. I got a question for you? Do you think anyone is excited about the future right now...based on what we have seen consistently over the last 5 years? A 26-27 won loss record just doesn't do it for me.

GeneralHog

Postby GeneralHog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 am

scootriteby wrote:
GeneralHog wrote:
Plow80 wrote:

You're the one throwing out ridiculous stuff. No where in his two sentence statement did he say anything about a perennial power. He just stated he was excited about the future. I got a question for you? Do you think anyone is excited about the future right now...based on what we have seen consistently over the last 5 years? A 26-27 won loss record just doesn't do it for me.

I understand it's sometimes hard to grasp sarcasm with the written word, but that was sarcasm.

I'm sure most people aren't hopeful at the moment, but that's no excuse to make a ridiculous claim that Bielema some how created our downfall. We were already in the dumps when he got here. And that was my original point.

Return to “Hawg Lounge”