Maybe BB wants to be fired? 15.4 buyout, why not?

Said the same thing, yesterday’s games made the SEC look down. I know people are singing Bama’s praises, but Mistake has looked better to me so far. There are definitely some down teams. I like our chances, however if we lose to aTm, I’m afraid the wheels come off.

Jimmy Johnson

Its public knowledge check for yourself. Our recruiting budget is OVER $100million. We made $37million in SEC TV money. These are facts. As well as the point of a buyout…its to ensure no one takes the coach. After that awful 3-9 first season Bielema follwed it with a pretty good 7-6 2nd season capped with consecutive shutouts over ranked SEC teams and a domination of Texas. Long thought he was the guy for the job as well as most Arkansans…in comes the up in salary to keep the coach happy along with a huge buyout to try and scare other teams away from trying to take him. Buyouts aren’t to keep a school like Arkansas binded to a coach…they’re to scare teams like Texas away from taking the coach. Unluckily for Long, Bielema hasn’t done as well as he hoped…the only way he can leave before his contract is up is if Long fires him and buys out the contract. He CAN and WILL if fans continue to show they’re not pleased with our football program

No, in this case the long contract and buyout was so Bielema would come here at all. Dana Altman was hired as coach and came in for a day, saw the state of the basketball program and ran back to Nebraska. Bielema came in saw the state of the football program and said ok fine but you gotta give me 7yrs. He had to reshape the program from ground up and he has righted the ship. I appreciate everything he has done however I just don’t believe he will ever have success on the field and it’s time to move on.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Beliema’s original contract did not have this ridiculous buyout. It was added along with a pay raise after the 2014 season.