Arkansas vs. LSU

We’re on on the edge of our seats waiting for your brilliance.

I’d rather wait until the game is complete and then breakdown the teams performance.
We are all watching the game and can see for ourselves how things are going.
The only thing I will say is if they don’t win today then they are facing an uphill challenge getting themselves into the Tournament.

So, someone had better get things figured out at halftime.

Go Hogs!

Another 2nd half blowout underway

Far cry from a blow out! It’s just a sorry effort by the hogs.

It may not happen there’s not enough grit in the team. Fail to play defense and 3’s wide open.

If our team doesn’t turn it on, our tournament chance are almost gone. I hope this puts the heat on Anderson.

LSU Season averages:

PPG - 78
FG% - 48%
FT% - 74%
3PT% - 34%

Today:

Pts - 94
FG% - 53% (29-55)
FT% - 91% (21-23)
3PT% - 50% (15-30)

Can’t keep allowing above avg shooting nights, especially 3PT

Oh and the aftershow just said LSU avgs 7 3pt makes a game

SMH

This was a game that is typical for this team. Letting teams take wide open shots.
Macon didn’t even try to get involved in the offense until the second half. Of course the stupid turnover sure hurt during the run.
By the way did out rebound LSU. The 3’s and the players sorry attitude is why the team lost. They have not earned anything!
They are showing they think they are in the Dance and just chilling. They can chill their rear ends all the way to the NIT.

I’m sorry, but it’s no coincidence that so many of our opponents this season tend to have better shooting games when they play our Razorbacks.
They don’t have anything to fear from our defense, they know what we’re all about and know how to exploit the weaknesses in our roster.
Quite simply, we don’t scare anybody when they see us on their upcoming schedule they know they have a winnable game.

Looking at our remaining schedule I don’t see the Hogs doing any better than 4-4 which would put us at 8-10 in the SEC and 19-12 at regular seasons end.
It would put a ton of pressure on the Hogs to win a couple of games in the SEC Tournament most likely to possibly back into the NCAA Tournament as a 10-11 seed. Our RPI and BPI’s are high, but at the end of the season it may not help if let’s say you go 3-8 against teams with a top 50 BPI.
This team is digging a themselves into a hole that I’m not confident they can crawl out of.
I would love it if they could prove me wrong, but I just trust what I’ve seen and I think we’ve seen enough games from this team to know what they are and as I said early in the year some were just placing too much hype in this roster which isn’t as talented and deep as it needs to be.
If for any reason they dip below 4-4 down the stretch then you can put a fork in them, they’ll be done.

Go Hogs!

Oh, by the way General, I believe that Waters qualifies as a true point guard.
Would love to have one like him playing for our Razorbacks, but we don’t.

Wake up, and take the blinders off.

Go Hogs!

Sadly, I don’t think we get into the tournament. Aren’t playing good enough now. Hogs are definitely an enigma!

Thank you for your service army. But these basketball players, they own us, like all the SEC teams do.

Someone better put a search committee together to find “General”.
I know he said he had to go to a birthday party, but the search committee may want to check the hospital, he may be having to have his stomach pumped since with his considerable knowledge of the game of basketball his “Gut” told him that the Hogs would win this game at LSU today.
I like many of you just can’t wait to hear his breakdown of what we watched today as only he can do.
I’m quite certain he is going to tell us that LSU simply shot out of their minds today, but doesn’t that seem to happen quite a bit against our Hogs?
Or, one of my favorites, upcoming games are very winnable and I’m sure he believes we can finish the SEC remaining schedule no worse than 6-2.
Optimism is one thing, but Realty is the “Truth”.
The “Truth” is that our Hogs are slow dancing themselves right out of the Big Dance.
Coach Anderson doesn’t have long to figure out who needs to be on the court together and let everyone know what their roles are.

Go Hogs!

I didn’t get to watch the game today but did catch the last 7-8 minutes on the radio. It appears I didn’t miss much, business as usual. I’m still looking for one more win before the season is out but have no idea where it is going to come from. I have been ridiculed for saying that on another site.

Rats.

i was hoping we’d see a different outcome … but the numbers … once again … didn’t lie. With the exception of winning the boards, same-o, same-o. Well … no ‘o’ to speak of :slight_smile:

Who thinks the new AD is having buyers remorse after forking over the 2 year extension last week?

Oh - and here’s how it gets ugly. With Gafford still hanging around in the NBA draft numbers (was number 16 this morning) - based, I’m guess on potential, if the Hogs don’t get to the dance, I’m guessing he walks. This year starting to hurt … next year’s outlook starting to dim. He’ll know he’s not ready, but the scouts will bring him to the bigs based on future potential and not demonstrated proficiency.

I’m sincerely bummed. To the General - you were right - we didn’t make my prediction of dropping into the 40s (with a loss @ LSU). My math was close … we’re at 38 tonight … with not that many winnable games left. A 1-8 stroll through away games in the SEC … will be the nail in the coffin when the Hogs match up in the committee room against so many others this year that have similar records and are right around 40 in the RPI pool. It doesn’t look good.

One bit of good news … if KY and Florida keep playing as they are, one or both might be looking up at the brackets pretty soon!

I figured someone would try to rub one in by face because I’m the most positive person about our team. Yes, he’s a good PG. But my point previously about ones opinion on “true” point guards still stands. He’s a good scorer and distributor but his defense sucks.

All these seniors and we still can’t win. Still can’t do much when we’re guarded closely. Can’t develop Gafford if you don’t regularly get him involved. Horrible 3 pt defense again. Horrendous officiating again. All of this and we still had a chance to win. Out coached again! With most of our offense leaving at seasons end, sure looks ominous for next year and maybe years to come. Anderson needs to go now! Same old story, nice looking class coming next year. Please spare us the misery and make the change.

I’m glad you like oinker, pray for failure just so you can say you’re right and I’m wrong.

Most of your starting lineup started the game, how’d that work out? I think it should have stayed the way it was because it was mostly working.

But yes, I was gone to party most of the afternoon into the evening and had to watch the second half knowing we lost.

Here are the facts: 3 pointers killed us, period. We out shot LSU, even scoring on 70% of our shots in the second half. We out rebounded LSU. We out stole LSU. We out turnovered LSU. The only thing they did that was massively better at was shoot the 3. Arkansas made 3(because they did what I said they should most of the game, especially in the second half, was attack the rim) and LSU made 15. That’s a 36 point descrepancy. So again, the 3 ball killed us.

And I knew people were going to say that they scored on all these wide open 3’s, well, I went back and actually counted the made 3’s and how many were by wide open shooters. There were 6 of the 15 wide open. 9 of the makes, there was a defender right in their face and they still made it. And as much as Dfarris doesn’t like me saying it, it is the “truth” they shot over their heads in this game.

In short, in the actual playing of the game, we outplayed LSU. In terms, of just shooting 3’s, we lost and the gap was big enough to push LSU over the finish line. So people saying our boys didn’t play, had bad attitudes, etc. weren’t watching this game.

Barford and Macon did their thing. Gafford finally showed up and played like he did the first half of the season 10 minutes too late in this game, though I was happy to see him get out of his funk. Beard, who everyone was dumping on earlier this week, shot 75% from the field, 100% from the line, tied for the team lead in rebounds, and was second in assists. Thompson did some damage offensively but was a major liability on defense, especially when he switched off on one of their PG’s. Our 4’s showed up for some solid minutes and plays in this game. Again, our players on offense didn’t play bad, in fact, they played very well. But I’ll agree with most that our perimeter defense SUCKED today.

As for the rest of the season: Dfarris is right(though I know it was a jab at me) 6-2 is very possible. This is almost the same scenario we were in last year and we pulled through.

SC and Vandy at home are very beatable.
At Ole Miss, I’m not sure because they are shooting lights out and still undefeated I believe at home, but we know we can win.
Texas A&M will lose when they come here.
Kentucky will lose when they come here.
Bama, our style of play is a bad match up for them, but it’s an away game, so toss up.
Auburn, is the only for sure loss I see. Not saying we can’t beat them, but with 3 major shooters on their team and our perimeter defense surely lacking, I don’t see it.
Mizzou, toss up. We are better than them, but they hate us and are also hit and miss on 3’s.

So based on this, it looks like we might break even in league play and hope to steal one left. Or of course, I’d take an 8 game winning streak.

If there’s one thing I know, it’s math. I live by the numbers. We were at 28 and I thought at worst we’d drop 10 points, and it came true sadly. OSU winning today in Kansas helped us more than people realize. To the rest of the road games, that could be true. If we win just one of our 3 remaining road games and hold serve at home, except maybe Auburn, then our RPI would still be in the middle 40’s if not top the upper 30’s. And that would put our BPI still in the 50’s. All that put together would get us a 10-12 seed, even without the SEC tournament.

General in your scenario, we finish 20-11, 37 RPI, 33 SOS - per the Wizard. Interestingly if we win all remaining home games and lose all road games, it shows the same. Edit - We’d also be 5-9 in road/neutral court.